• ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    It's been one. :wallbash:

And to top it all off, I'm having a flare-up of what I call my UPS (unspecified panic syndrome). It's like a panic attack that doesn't really happen. Mild symptoms resembling a panic attack (elevated heart rate, elevated and shallow breathing, butterflies in the stomach), but none of the real debilitating panic/anxiety associated with it. And there's no known reason for me to feel anxious.

I just hope the Diet Coke is strong enough this evening.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu

And to top it all off, I'm having a flare-up of what I call my UPS (unspecified panic syndrome). It's like a panic attack that doesn't really happen. Mild symptoms resembling a panic attack (elevated heart rate, elevated and shallow breathing, butterflies in the stomach), but none of the real debilitating panic/anxiety associated with it. And there's no known reason for me to feel anxious.

Sorry, are you sure there isn't something that's weighing on your mind? Maybe something you tried to push down
    but sub-consciously it's still there.
    And the Diet Coke may be a joke, but if not, the junk in that won't help anything in your brain/body.:(
    Hope can pull out of it.
    Write down ten things you are grateful for, works for me. :dunno:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I hate that ****. I call it my nonspecific feeling of dread. Hope things get better.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You think you have had a rough day.....maybe this will make you feel better. I had to tear out a porch ceiling on a 100 year old home, we took away 4--50 gallon trash bags of coon pooty that fell out of ceiling when we removed. Then I got to hear a lady yell and scream at her kid for being, well a kid.....she was mad the little one was "gonna make her late for section 8 housing application"......long day in deed. Hope you feel better.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Sorry, are you sure there isn't something that's weighing on your mind? Maybe something you tried to push down
    but sub-consciously it's still there.
    And the Diet Coke may be a joke, but if not, the junk in that won't help anything in your brain/body.:(
    Hope can pull out of it.
    Write down ten things you are grateful for, works for me. :dunno:
    Sort of a joke. I'm not really a drinker of adult beverages, but I do joke that if I didn't have a Diet Coke addiction, it would be something else, something harder. I don't smoke either. So I figure if I'm going to have an addictive crutch, Diet Coke isn't the worst one I could have.

I am not a doctor, but I believe the problem is a y-chromosome deficiency.
    I can't even come back with something witty and equally misanthropic. Best I can do is some crack about the double X providing immunity against stupid.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    But the supplement dose could be too much for whatever reason. Especially if brands changed. I recall you had an issue earlier, glad it's better!
    Yeah, that *cough* issue *cough* was user error. :rolleyes: When I keep up on it, it's a perfect dose.

But out of curiosity, were you asking because of the faux anxiety symptoms or the downer day? The day itself wasn't even really bad by most standards. Mostly just frustrating events that were having cumulative effect on stress levels. JG summed it up: Arrrrgh.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    I've been thru the same thing, and it's NOT fun! My medical caregiver calls them "anxiety attacks". Pulse will run 135 to 145, feel very nervous, also a feeling like something bad is going to happen (dread). I was told to just go on with whatever I was doing or going to do, within limits of course. Tried this the last time, about 2 years ago, and in around three hours everything was back to normal. Well, normal for me anyways! LOL!

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I have a bad day everyday. My job requires that I deal with complete idiots. I normally work 4 10 hr days, last few weeks it's been 4 10's and 2 8's, this week will be 6 10's and maybe a 12, or 14. The money is good, but my summers always suck. Oh, and I have a crazy ex wife causing problems. Can't wait til October 1st for our annual Disney trip. Oh, and I'm on my 4th beer right now.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Our roof has started leaking. Water coming through the living room ceiling. Looks like I have to buy a new roof for about $9k...

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    Our roof has started leaking. Water coming through the living room ceiling. Looks like I have to buy a new roof for about $9k...

Not very many homeowners buy a roof now days...we do about 30-40 roofs a year and I swear they are 95%+ insurance jobs. I need to put a roof on my house but I keep waiting thinking Danville has to eventually get a hail storm. Everyone else gets roofs replaced by insurance, and my premiums go up even without a claim, figure after 25 years of no claims they kind of owe me one if it happens.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I deal with the public and this has definitely been stupid people week at the clinic. As the week progressed so did the level of customer ignorance.

I sometimes have feelings of impending doom. Sometimes something crappy will happen and then the feeling goes away. I also get anxious feelings sometimes that actually act as red flags to warm me of people or events. I usually regret it if I don't try to interpret them and heed the warnings.

I also sometimes have food sensitivities. Although I love anything with peanuts or peanut butter, I will sometimes have heart palpitations and a clammy / hot kind of feeling on rare occasions when I eat peanuts. I sometimes have the same feeling when I consume grains. Usually grains just mess with my sinuses but sometimes it's kind of scary.

Back before I discovered Bioflavonoids to help with my allergies I use to take OTC sinus meds. If I took them on a regular basis for more than a few days I would get that anxious kind of feeling.

Those are triggers I know I have. Sometimes something innocent can trigger anxiousness. I just try to listen to my body and review what I've done or eaten to see if I can find a correlation.

Top Bottom