• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Must have been something about yesterday. I left the house extra early for work only to get on 465 and come to a complete halt. Not sure who makes these decisions, but why they thought it would be a good idea to shut 465 down to one lane right at the beginning of rush hour is beyond me. Took 45 minutes to go about a mile and a half. Wound up about 15 minutes late for work when I should have easily been 45 minutes early. My normal 25-30 minute commute turned into 90 minutes. :xmad:

CindyE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    north/central IN
    I know this feeling all too well! Never know whether to pay attention to it or not, if i'm really having a premonition, or just stupid anxiety, garbage thinking. I always seem to get it worse in the spring/summer. There's a small percentage of people who get SAD now, instead of in the winter.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    88GT; said:
    But out of curiosity, were you asking because of the faux anxiety symptoms or the downer day? The day itself wasn't even really bad by most standards. Mostly just frustrating events that were having cumulative effect on stress levels. JG summed it up: Arrrrgh.

The faux anxiety and heart rate.

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    keep-calm-and-drink-diet-coke-41.png

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    It's been one. :wallbash:

And to top it all off, I'm having a flare-up of what I call my UPS (unspecified panic syndrome). It's like a panic attack that doesn't really happen. Mild symptoms resembling a panic attack (elevated heart rate, elevated and shallow breathing, butterflies in the stomach), but none of the real debilitating panic/anxiety associated with it. And there's no known reason for me to feel anxious.

I just hope the Diet Coke is strong enough this evening.

I sometimes feel that way for awhile after a disturbing dream, or a low blood sugar event, but accompanied by feeling weak (hypoglycemia). If it's not biochemical alone, it could be psychological/biochemical.
    Wait, wait! You're worried about the USA World Cup match today. Yeah, that's it....

Last edited:

Shiver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2014
    The dumpster
    I love days like that. I love feeling anxious and nervous, like I forgot to do something important, like something is off or missing, like I can't keep my **** together for another second.

If I didn't love days like that I would hate every day..... Oh wait. Never mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I used to experience these feelings. Now I just do not give a :poop:.
    Kids are raised, I am retired (rofl) and life is good. That is what I keep telling myself.

Top Bottom