• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    does anybody think the shotgun handguns will just be a fad I want one for the novelty factor probably a S&W Governor (im a smith guy) but I saw that Taurus is making a 28 gauge Judge now ive never seen a personal defense or even a buckshot load for 28 gauge so it just seems odd to me. now since the judge came around ammo makers have come up with some good defensive 410 loads (that i have for my H&R Topper lol). for the size it is you cant have a longer barrel and be able to carry the thing comfortably and the short barrel the spreed is really wide at 5 yards which to me poses a problem of hitting bystanders with random shot if I have to defend myself and ive heard they dont shoot 45lc worth a dang they just seem to me to be novelties maybe im crazy though

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Yes Taurus made the 28ga but it is still up in the air if it will ever be sold in the US. As for good defensive loads for the .410....well...the makers claim they are good but there isn't any proof as far as actual performance.

These things are range toys and not anything I would ever consider for SD.

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    ive heard they dont shoot 45lc worth a dang they just seem to me to be novelties maybe im crazy though

My Judge shoots 45 Colt just fine, plus 000 Buck would be great for self defense at a home defense range of 5-15 feet.

It serves it's purpose well if you ask me.

T-Mann

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Michiana Area
    I thought there was a case recently (last 6 months or so) where a guy shot (and killed) an intruder (or two) with a Judge and .410

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I thought there was a case recently (last 6 months or so) where a guy shot (and killed) an intruder (or two) with a Judge and .410

I had read about one where a man in a wheelchair shot a home intruder with a Judge loaded with birdshot who kicked in his door. I guess it was at point blank range and the intruder died from major trauma in the chest. There was another man behind him, but he ran off after he heard the shot.

NovemberKilo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I OC this bad boy all day, every day.

;)

ser_shorty_big.jpg

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I like super shorties.

But, I hope the fascination with .410 and 28 gauge handguns fades out real soon. I'm getting tired of seeing and hearing about it.

Yeah, they're going to be effective but it doesn't take a lot of skill to hit something point blank with a shotgun round.

Just my :twocents:, I know some people love them. Personally I'm getting tired of them.

Unless Smith and Wesson made a revolver that fired a 460, 454, 45, and a 410 then I might be a little impressed; but the cylinder along would weigh a ton and I doubt it would sell well because people wouldn't like the kick of a 460.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    They seem a bit like a novelty to me but to each his own. I would not knock the .410 round however even with birdshot. I used to take my kids out to shoot hedge apples with the 410 Rossi single shot shotgun and with #8 shot at 10-15 feet the things would disintegrate. As you likely know hedge apples are bloody hard. You hit an intruder with that and he will fall - i am pretty much sure of it. That said they are not for me.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    Isn't that the point?

No doubt, skill is great to have but if I get shocked awake by my door getting kicked in, in the middle of the night I want to know I'm gonna hit what's coming through it.

Besides that they are fun to shoot. The 000 makes a nice pattern up to 12-15 ft. and the 45LC is on point in mine. The only thing keeping me from carrying it is the lack of availability on holsters. Patiently waiting...

Quad

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No doubt, skill is great to have but if I get shocked awake by my door getting kicked in, in the middle of the night I want to know I'm gonna hit what's coming through it!

That's precisely why I have one on my wife's side of the bed. She has no desire to go practice at the range with a handgun. Her judge is loaded with buckshot increasing her odds of striking an attacker should the SHTF.

Top Bottom