Those SKS`s are getting expensive .......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    I just picked up a slightly Bubba Yugoslavian model 59/66 the guy put a muzzle brake on it and took off the grenade attachment. He gave me all the parts to restore it back to original. It has all matching serial numbers stock magazine and receiver etc. I gave him $250 for it. It's in very good condition. I'll take some pictures post them later on today.

That`s a great price in today`s market as you know ............
    The prices for the YUGO`s have sure increased from a few years ago , even Pre-Panic.
    They are well built guns .

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I know , not an SKS ...................Not sure how "Prized"the Polytech AK`s are ............
    but this one Sold for $6,490.00 !

View attachment 130888

Not an unearthly price there all things considered, and items tend to run higher on GB than on forum classifieds. Spicy for sure, but there has long been a strong collector's market for NIB pre-ban Polytechs, especially folders. They regularly fetched several thousand dollars even pre-COVID.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My first SKS purchase was from a C&R guy just after Obam-bam was elected, 200 a piece. My next purchase was from a LGS for just under 500. It had a synthetic folding stock and 2 steel 30rnd mags. That was just less than a year ago. Now I would not pay the BIG $$ many are asking. Unless I only had rocks to throw, gotta think what is you and your family's life worth if One is completely unarmed. How ever while I was out at the Candy Stores yesterday, one can pick up a Basic Ruger AR for 799 that is the way I'd go if I had to start over...

ural8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2016
    Indy
    SKS, AK47s, FALS, etc have all gone up in price significantly. 2K for an AK? 1K for an SKS? That's just crazy. I remember when they AKs were 600 or less and SKS were 100-200 bucks. Then again I am old. I just can't see paying those prices today when you can get better guns cheaper.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    It has a brass oil bottle in it and very corroded. Going to clean it up and see if it still holds oil.

View attachment 131283
    I have a few original Yugo`s .........I have one that was Bubba`d ( but nicely done ? ) There is no putting a GL back on this one . Barrel cut off ........It is a stamped "Cherry`s GSO " . I`ll get a few pics ............
    You stole yours for $250.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've already screwed the original grenade attachment on and put the muzzle brake back on. I want to see if it does anything for it over the grenade attachment.

Just an experiment.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Makes me think of the first time I went to the kokomo gun show.

I can't remember the gun. This was back in 2012ish maybe 2011.

I was walking past a table that has a standing rack of about 10 mil surp rifles.
    Im this time that rifle went for about $250. A guy several feet behind me yelled to the dealer "hey is that the 'whateverthehell' ?"
    The dealer let out a joyful "yup!"
    The guy behind me says "you take $350 for one?". Dealers let's out an even more joyful "yep!". The dealer grabbed one at random and carried it to the guy as he pulled out his wallet.

Learned a valuable lesson that day about know what something's worth a s maybe look it over before you open your big mouth.

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    Here is my Bubba Yugo...........Minus the GL and the GL ladder Site . ( Also lost the bayonet locking collar . It locks open , but you can still move it a bit . I highly doubt I will ever use a rifle`s Bayonet )
    Can never take it back , but I still like it .

IMG_9055 (2).JPG IMG_9048.JPG IMG_9049.JPG

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    SKS, AK47s, FALS, etc have all gone up in price significantly. 2K for an AK? 1K for an SKS? That's just crazy. I remember when they AKs were 600 or less and SKS were 100-200 bucks. Then again I am old. I just can't see paying those prices today when you can get better guns cheaper.
    I can remember when I was in my late teens or early 20's and would walk into Bradis and there would be Crates of SKSs sitting in the middle of the store for 49.00 Where is Doc Brown when you need him?

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Here is my Bubba Yugo...........Minus the GL and the GL ladder Site . ( Also lost the bayonet locking collar . It locks open , but you can still move it a bit . I highly doubt I will ever use a rifle`s Bayonet )
    Can never take it back , but I still like it .

View attachment 131285 View attachment 131286 View attachment 131287
    You have the M59 Yugo SKS variant. The M56/66A1 was the first variant to have the muzzle brake and grenade launcher. Your Yugo SKS was one of the first ones made. It was not sporterized. The M59's are worth more because they have lower production numbers

Top Bottom