Those that run a business: What say you?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In MY defense:

I called him FROM HIS DRIVEWAY to be sure I had the right house.

The numbers on the posts outside weren't super duper stupendously clear to me at the point I was creeping north on the highway looking for the correct place. :D

I WAS in the right driveway...thankfully.

Putting "Fayette" in the address search for Google Maps is much better than "Brownsburg"...

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    With an address given, address on the post out front and directions...I'm not sure if a sign would help. I don't have a sign because I don't really want to advertise to every person driving down the road. Plus with county ordinance, I'm not sure that would fly.

If they can't read a paper map they probably can't read a street number on the post.

Rather than a formal sign you need to post a landmark that will stand out but not say "business". Perhaps look for the flock of pink flamingos in my front yard. Watch for the reflective rainbow triangle on my mailbox. Look for Santa's sleigh on the roof, I leave it up year round.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    It sounds like you're doing everything you can to clearly communicate. A tough lesson for some people to learn is that the majority of humanity does not pay attention. You could make the letters 10" tall, they will ignore it and say "well I thought......"

Top Bottom