• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'd prefer the model 6. I am not a fan of sharpened prybars since I have prybars that work better as, well, prybars and I can get a hatchet that chops better than the thick, heavy knife.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    ^ I tend to agree. Although I love me some big ass choppers, I find myself using a knife for things like slicing a tomato, more than I do batoning my way out of downed aircraft.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    There is the Laser Strike to maybe consider. I like the Laser Strike but I love the 5.
    Where's the beef .....in the 5.

I went with the laser strike. The 6 would have been my second, but seemed almost a touch too large, and the 5 was a beast, maybe a bit too much blade. I felt the LS grip was more ergo for me and had more options. Thanks guys, and sorry I held up traffic for so long!

Yup, can't go wrong with the 5 or the LS. I gave out ESEE's for Christmas this year and my father and brother fought over the 5 with serrated blade ;). If the 5 is too heavy for you then I'd pick the LS over the 6, the LS is just a neat and well balanced knife.

tt5stargeneral

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2013
    Southern California
    I strongly prefer the 6 over the 5. The 5 is just too heavy for long carry. Sure, the increased thickness and fire spindle notch could come in handy if you are in an escape/evade/get home scenario. Perhaps it would be better if kept in a stationary/backup location like a cache or car. But to carry, I would much rather get an extra inch of edge at a lower weight...whether the length is used for fire wood preparation or in a defensive capacity. You hardly notice the extra length until you have to use it, whereas you definitely feel the extra weight of the 5 within minutes of carry.

Top Bottom