• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Injecting someone with a disease that will kill them is not a violent crime? WTF is it then, a present?

You guys tweak over a vaccine that has an adverse reaction rate of 1:50000, but it's OK to inject someone with a virus that kills 100% of hosts it attaches to? Priceless.

Its a consequence to a risky decision. Just like getting brain damage from a vaccine is a consequence to a risky decision.

Great analogy SemperFi. Neither of them ought to be criminal, but more people should be vocal and speak out about these risky behaviors.

Go to wife-swapping swinger's parties, WTF do you expect? This is some kind of shocker that these people have STDs? There is no guarantee of safety or quality when you sleep with someone. No warranty, no refund. Its a matter of personal choice and personal consequence.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Walking down the street in parts of Indianapolis late at night with a hundred dollar bill sticking out of your pocket is risky behavior as well. I guess if someone decides to rob and or murder them they shouldn't be arrested either.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Walking down the street in parts of Indianapolis late at night with a hundred dollar bill sticking out of your pocket is risky behavior as well. I guess if someone decides to rob and or murder them they shouldn't be arrested either.
    Forcible violence <> consensual sex.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I see. So if they legalize drugs I would be fine to package anthrax and sell it as cocaine?

Well it depends. Is anthrax legal, illegal, or Domestic Terrorism? Was there some guarantee of safety/purity? Who did you buy it from? Was there a contract or liability clause?

Then there is the disconnect between the analogy because consensual sex is not a purchase, and not subject to any kind of fraud protection.

I believe in fraud protection, but sex just doesn't fall into that category. Should women get arrested for lying about being on birth control pills? Should this line of thought apply to every STD or not?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I would say once diagnosed with HIV or AIDS, intentionally having intercourse with another person, having knowledge that doing so is likely to result in that person contracting HIV/AIDS fits rather well in the following definition. The person in the news story knew he had HIV and had been ordered by his Commander to take steps to prevent the infection of others. He chose to ignore those orders and intentionally had intercourse, without a condom, with multiple partners. He is guilty.

I do not believe other STD's would qualify for the same criminal charge as they are either curable or not likely to result in death.

IC 35-42-2-1.5

Aggravated battery
    Sec. 1.5. A person who knowingly or intentionally inflicts injury on a person that creates a substantial risk of death or causes:
    (1) serious permanent disfigurement;
    (2) protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member or organ; or
    (3) the loss of a fetus;
    commits aggravated battery, a Class B felony.

Top Bottom