• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The eberlestock is not lockable but should easily transport something like the dissent. It doesn't scream tactical to me but some may disagree.

Attachments

• IMG_20220627_181907.jpg
      IMG_20220627_181907.jpg
      426.2 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_20220627_181924.jpg
      IMG_20220627_181924.jpg
      453.1 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_20220627_181949.jpg
      IMG_20220627_181949.jpg
      446 KB · Views: 8

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Before getting into the topic at hand, I want to provide some background for those who suggest alternatives.

Without going into too much detail, I have logical reason to believe my home is at an elevated risk for a home invasion. Restraining orders are in place and my fiancé’s whereabouts are protected by state law, so we’ve done everything we can from a legal standpoint. Naturally, I’ve taken steps to prepare the home but I’ve yet to solve the dilemma of putting a more effective home defense weapon within reach in our bedroom. The main issues are that we have small children, and the layout of my home isn’t ideal for a long-barreled weapon. I’ve been trying to find a lockable case that would allow me to store my SBR (300 BLK) without breaking it down, but still be discrete enough for me to carry to/from my car without attracting attention. I’ve checked Pelican, Case Club, Plano, etc. and everything that would fit the bill pretty much screams “firearm.” Then, about a week ago, I came across the CMMG Dissent.

I’m not particularly interested in a 6.5” 5.56x45, but the 300 BLK and 5.7x28 options have caught my eye. I’ve looked into the ballistics, and both calibers offer ammunition choices that produce results I would consider satisfactory out of a 6.5” barrel while limiting over-penetration. Furthermore, I already own firearms chambered in both calibers and (luckily) stockpiled ammunition prior to the pandemic. Finally, both options come in at 15”, which solves my storage/transport dilemma.

So, that being said, what are your thoughts on CMMG’s factory firearms, the Dissent in particular, or viable alternatives?
    I own two CMMG products. I have the Banshee 45ACP. 8 inch barrel and runs glock mags. Fit and finish is stellar.
    Purchased mostly for home defense and range time.
    The second is a Resolute 100 upper in 5.7x28mm that mated up nicely to my Colt LE6920 lower.
    I inherited a FN Five-Seven and 4000 rounds of FNH and Federal 5.7x28mm ammunition (reason for the Resolute purchase).

Both have run flawlessly. As with any firearm manufacturers, there are pros and cons. Plus the opinions of positive and negative.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I know you don't want alternatives, but why not a PS 90?
    They are short enough, proven reliability, and if you already have 5.7 ammo, seems to be a no brainer.
    Plus FN routinely puts out great firearms, that most likely you will never have an issue with.

And you can buy 50 round mags for around $25, they may be $29 now. I haven't purchased any in a long time.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    I know you don't want alternatives, but why not a PS 90?
    They are short enough, proven reliability, and if you already have 5.7 ammo, seems to be a no brainer.
    Plus FN routinely puts out great firearms, that most likely you will never have an issue with.

And you can buy 50 round mags for around $25, they may be $29 now. I haven't purchased any in a long time.
    I have a PS90 and I’m seriously considering a SBR conversion, especially considering I live maybe 35 minutes from FN57Sale. They keep the 10.4” CMMG barrels in stock and will do the barrel swap and engraving. The only thing holding me back is I have the Effen 90 slick side receiver which pretty much eliminates the possibility of adding a light. I run a deltapoint pro on it so I have room for something like a 90 degree mount on the front of the rail, but I can’t find one that’ll work. I’m going to see if they can mount a rail on each side similar to their tri-cut receiver.

Top Bottom