• ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    I have a few Kimbers as well as other 1911 models, I do prefer the 4" aluminum frames for CCW (pre series II Pro CDP) and the 5" all steel for range duty (pre series II Custom Carry and a TLE II).

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I prefer Gen 1 Kimbers but as it happens the only one I have at the moment is a Gen II Stainless Pro Carry HD and I have no problems with it at all. It will feed empty cased if I use Wilson mags and that's about all you can ask for from a 1911. I just don't like the idea of the firing pin safety because that's not the way JMB designed it.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point
    I've owned several and presently have three.
    Pre II SS Ultra Carry
    Pro Carry II
    SS TLE II
    All Great no hiccups.
    My Ultra Carry is my daily carry. Would really love to get my hands on a compact model (Commander length slide/officer size frame).
    I would recommend a Kimber to anyone looking for a 1911.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Indy East Side
    Raptor Class

Pic at left shows my EDC. Stainless Ultra Raptor. Really light and comfortable. I have one other Kimber, a Colt and Springfield. The Kimbers shoot more comfortably to me. They are expensive, but I've never had a jam or stove pipe out of my Compact stainless that I've owned for bout 10 years now and run a few thousand rounds through.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    +Kimber LE/Tactical 2, like Sarge470. No issues, well balanced, lots of options installed factory, little heavy, but with a well made holster, carries great. Also carry 2 spare mags.
    Have been carrying with Wilson combat mags, also Shooting Star, and Chip McCormicks.
    No probs. Also these are 8 rds not the 7 rds. (Have a couple WW2 7 shot mags that feed well also, blue finish, kinda shiny from use at the range. 230 grain ball at the range, 185 gr HP for carry.) Good luck whatever you decide on.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    My Kimber Pro Carry (1st gen.) is my very favorite carry and tactical training pistol, and my Kimber Gold Match is my very favorite range pistol. I own a lot of handguns, but my Kimbers are at the top of the list.

talshu

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    I have the ultra pro carry and love it,they are very accurate,easy to carry,but if you want to polish this gun off then put crimson trace laser grips on it,of all the guns i have,this is my favorite one to carry,you will love it

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    I have a Kimber TLE/RL II commander that I keep as a nightstand gun with an Insight M3 light on it. I have about 600-800 rounds through it over the years. I even carried it for a time. It is a little on the heavy side for a carry gun, but it shoots like a dream and never gives me problems. I recommend them to anyone as long as you are ok with carrying a gun that is heavier then most want to carry every day.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Have several friends who own various Kimbers and shoot them well. I personally carry a Government Model CQB and the size doesn't bother me, so I would look into the Team Match, Super Match or Grand Raptor versions. I've shot each of these models, and like them. So if Kimbers are your choice, there are three fine ones.

SteveKoz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    ....This is going to be a Target gun and carry gun.... I went down this path when I first got started. I wanted the perfect all around gun. Found out there really isn't one. You will have to compromise on either end. For carry a 3" aluminum frame gun is the lightest and easiest to conceal but at the range it's a little more snappy to shoot. For the range a steel frame 5" barrel works best but not so much fun when carrying. I opted for the 5" SS Custom TLE II for the range. VERY nice shooting gun. I then picked up a used Colt Defender which has been back to Colt twice and it's ready to go back a third time.. I'm now looking at either the Kimber Super Carry Ultra or Ultra CDP. I just can't make up my mind which one I like better.

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    I have an Ultra Carry II that I absolutely love. It is lightweight and I have never had a single issue out of it, even during break in. I was surprised at how manageable recoil is, in .45 of course, on such a small 1911. I hear a lot of people say that it "is pretty stout" or that "they can handle it", which makes it sound uncomfortable but they put up with it anyway. My Ultra Carry II is FUN to shoot. That is how "manageable" it is.

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have a TLE Custom 2, love it. Zero problems after break in. One jam during break in. A real champ in my eyes with all the bells and whistles standard from the factory.

boblade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Kimber makes a Great gun for Carry or Target,but I had a Custom Shop Pro Carry 2 and I have to shoot left Hand so the safty was on the wrong side for me and I didn't want to change it,so Sold it on Gunbroker and went back to my old stand by wheel gun S&W 640 357mag,but I must say the Kimber shot and Performed well,but face it your carry gun will only be Needed inside 10 foot,thats why I load #4 shot,#O Buck,then 3 +P HP's

Top Bottom