• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    Had 76 OD death investigations in Evansville/Vanderburgh county last year.

Suprisingly, OD deaths are good business for dealers. If people die on your dope, everyone lines up to get it. Strange, but true.

Narcan use is up this year, so we have less deaths. With that said heroin use is higher than it has ever been.

Indy and Louisville kept telling us it was coming. Then it started coming from Chicago and St. Louis like crazy once they added time release agents to OTC pain medicine (the binding agents in the pills would not allow the user to break them up and get that immediate rush) When it arrived in 2012, heroin was $600/gram. You can buy it for $150-200/gram now.

This first year was bad, they were sending junk heroin that was 10-50% heroin and the rest was cut. People got used to that dosage. When the good heroin got here people started dying on the better dope as they were taking too much. Fast forward to this year, EVERY single bit of heroin in SW Indiana is cut with fentanyl. Fentanyl is also being pressed into pill form, mainly oxy, roxy, and other commonly recognized Rx pills. The guys making these pills are not pharmacists, and our overdoses are through the roof. Narcan is keeping the deaths down, but more people are using and overdosing than ever.

I wish we had crack cocaine back, at least it is not transdermal or water soluble! Meth labs are down, I guess that is a bonus.

It sounds like you are a police officer, if so, THANK YOU!

An EPD officer was telling me he administered narcan 3 times in 2 weeks to a junky, and when he recovers enough, he wants to fight because officers ruined his 'Buzz'.

Fentanyl and (spelling?) Car-fentanyl are being shipped into the country in barrels (among other ways), customs people, docks & storage people, even truck drivers are being poisoned from just the residue on the containers.
    CBP in Florida found a 7,000 gallon (not pound) shipping container tank of this crap!
    It had all the proper China customs seals & paperwork and was supposed to be windshield washer fluid.
    It ate through a food grade stainless steel tank!

This explains why the price has dropped if they are getting it into the country in 55 gallon barrels, 300 gallon shipping tanks & 7,000 gallon container tanks!

My personal opinion allows for suicide. What else can you call it when a long term junky OD's?
    We aren't talking stupid kids taking party drugs, which is plenty bad, but if you shoot death into your body daily, what's the point?

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    I actually had this happen to me a couple days ago.

How insane is that?

The guy is DYING, the officer saves his life, and he wants to fight about $10 in dope....

On the upside,
    Narcan is saving lives in hospitals.
    Particularly drug interactions. A VA nurse was telling me she just used narcan to save a guy having a bad drug interaction.
    The pain killer administered would have been fine on its own, but it interacted with another drug and he OD'ed right there in the hospital bed, post-op, no previous history of sensitivity, just 'BAM!'

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    How insane is that?

The guy is DYING, the officer saves his life, and he wants to fight about $10 in dope....

They don't see it that way. It destroys their high, and they immediately go into withdrawal. Imagine having a lethal dose of fentanyl on board, and all of a sudden, it's just gone. It makes a lot of folks angry. Others are just confused. Either way, they end up fighting with us, or with medical staff.

Top Bottom