• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    I was watching her give a speech the other day, and realized I know very little about her. She seems to be a HUGE friend to gun owners, and an avid supporter of the Constitution, but other than that I know next to nothing. What do you peeps think of Palin? Good? Bad? And why?

The reason I ask, is that someone made reference to her thinking of running for the big boy seat next election.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I like her as an icon. She makes cerebral arteries pop on the Left. But I don't like her as a prospective President of the US. Her decision making appears erratic and impulsive. Shooting from the hip is fine, but I think some evidence of precision marksmanship capability is called for in a POTUS.

If she were the GOP nominee, I'd vote for her over The Almighty O. If it was a primary and there were other choices, I'd vote for someone else.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was watching her give a speech the other day, and realized I know very little about her. She seems to be a HUGE friend to gun owners, and an avid supporter of the Constitution, but other than that I know next to nothing. What do you peeps think of Palin? Good? Bad? And why?

The reason I ask, is that someone made reference to her thinking of running for the big boy seat next election.
    I want to go to Alaska, and go Moose hunting...:twocents:

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    She has stood up for alot of views my family and I agree with but I dont know about her being president. I like the progun and prolife stance she has. She is a breath of fresh air to alot of people tired of the career politician image.

kybares

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2009
    Simple solutions to complex problems is often times the best approach. Although she may not have the experience that many would like to see, she seems to have the moral compass that is dearly needed today. If experience were a requirement, we would not have the President that we currently have. I will gladly vote for her if she runs, on a two party ticket, if she runs on a third party ticket, we are in for another four years of "Hope". She seems to be the closest thing to Reagan I have seen, and that is a huge asset in my book. If we want "change we can believe in", vote for "someone we can believe in for a change".

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    She scares everyone because she is real..simple as that. for days now Ive been seeing all this BS about her writing her topics on her hand....so what! atleast she isnt using a wall of teleprompters. oh...and she is good looking.:yesway::D

IrishSon of Liberty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I, as with many, had never heard of her until McShame picked her as his running mate. My initial thoughts after hearing her speak were cautiously optimistic. The more I heard/saw of her, the more things stayed the same (cautiously optimistic).

Then, I read her book. Wow! I was not only very impressed, buy I gained an entirely new respect for her. She has a very personable outward appearance, but don't be fooled. She's a very savvy business woman, and she completely understands how a government should work, For the People.

I don't know if she'll be the next POTUS, as I honestly believe it would depend on her running mate. If she were to pair up with say, Ted Nugent :D or Mike Pence, then I don't see how that ticket could be beat. I firmly believe that she's currently more qualified that Obama ever was to run this country, and regardless of how the wannabe-mainstream-media spins things, I believe she'd take Obama to task in any form of debate.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I don't know if she'll be the next POTUS, as I honestly believe it would depend on her running mate. If she were to pair up with say, Ted Nugent :D or Mike Pence, then I don't see how that ticket could be beat.
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

If Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent were on the same ticket, I would cast my vote.

Twice.

It couldn't be any worse than what we have now.

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    I found it irritating that the media was criticizing her for referring to notes during her speech. (She had written bullet points on the palm of her hand.) The reporters seemed to want to equate referring to notes as a sign of low intelligence. What is wrong with referring to notes while making a speech? Think that using notes is more a sign of intellect and forethought than say for example mindlessly reading off of a teleprompter.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I like her as an icon. She makes cerebral arteries pop on the Left. But I don't like her as a prospective President of the US. Her decision making appears erratic and impulsive. Shooting from the hip is fine, but I think some evidence of precision marksmanship capability is called for in a POTUS.

If she were the GOP nominee, I'd vote for her over The Almighty O. If it was a primary and there were other choices, I'd vote for someone else.
    :+1:

I will not vote for her because she bailed on her state. Im going to catch a lot of stuff for this but I am a huge Huckabee fan and want him to get the nod for POTUS but if Palin wins then I will either vote third party or swallow my pride and vote for her to help with "change."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Because she is real and Jobn McCain was real is why they did not win the election.

I would proudly vote for Palin if she were to run for president.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    She scares everyone because she is real..simple as that. for days now Ive been seeing all this BS about her writing her topics on her hand....so what! atleast she isnt using a wall of teleprompters. oh...and she is good looking.:yesway::D

I'm LMAO at hypocrits who try to rag on her about writing notes for her speeches.

She's real, her values equal mine, she's as dedicated and compelling as Reagan. Even the Rep establishment hated Reagan, and still does.

I voted for her once, I'd gladly do so again.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    :+1:

I will not vote for her because she bailed on her state. Im going to catch a lot of stuff for this but I am a huge Huckabee fan and want him to get the nod for POTUS but if Palin wins then I will either vote third party or swallow my pride and vote for her to help with "change."

How did she bail on her state?

And Huckabe is just another house/senate puppet just like Obama, is he not?

In the primaries I actually voted for Duncan Hunter, main reason: he believed no amnistey for illegals and wanted to construct a large fence along the whole US/mexican border.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

She quit mid-term. Her stated reason was that her political enemies were getting ready to spend millions of dollars the state didn't have to dig up dirt on her for a round of political muckraking. It may be true, it may be BS, or it may be somewhere in between. They certainly were beginning the witch hunt at the time.

Personally, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt, and I'd probably vote for her if she ran (given that Oklahoma makes it almost impossible for a libertarian to get on the ballot), but I would not expect her to win. Too many Republicans hate her with a passion and prefer RINO's instead.

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head

And Huckabe is just another house/senate puppet just like Obama, is he not?

In the primaries I actually voted for Duncan Hunter, main reason: he believed no amnistey for illegals and wanted to construct a large fence along the whole US/mexican border.

Where do you get your information that Huckabee is just another puppet? Did you make that up on the fly or think about it a while? I believe Mike Huckabee has the most values by far when compared to everyone else in the Republican primary in the last election. The only real difference between my views and his would be the allowing of foreigners to work in the US even if it is agricutural and other low end type jobs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    She quit mid-term. Her stated reason was that her political enemies were getting ready to spend millions of dollars the state didn't have to dig up dirt on her for a round of political muckraking.
    That bothers me, too. I grew up living by "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." She didn't do that for Alaska. I need to find out more about her platform before I make any committment one way or the other.

Top Bottom