• ...and so much more!
  • TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    Too close for comfort
    ^ This. I ask to verify residency, LTCH.
    So, you're going to force a potential buyer to spend months obtaining a permit that's no longer necessary in the state of Indiana?

I get why you might have wanted/needed to do so before July 1st, but seems to me that might severely limit your opportunities for a sale at this point.

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    So, you're going to force a potential buyer to spend months obtaining a permit that's no longer necessary in the state of Indiana?

I get why you might have wanted/needed to do so before July 1st, but seems to me that might severely limit your opportunities for a sale at this point.
    Because doing this is a good-faith way I can confirm the potential buyer is not restricted. The local law enforcement head where the buyer lives has vetted them for a gun permit.

Not a perfect way and could have a revoked permit, sure.

In the end, I’m more concerned at not allowing my gun end up in the wrong hands than any loss of sale opportunities. Period

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence

I hope we see less people asking for LTCH. It was never that great of a "check" anyway.

According to the ISP, there are over 1.2 million pink cards issued as of 4/1/22, and there are about 4.5 million 5 million adult Hoosiers.

With those numbers there's gonna be no shortage of people that have got a pink card then committed a felony later and still have the physical card.

Ultimately it's up to the seller and I have showed LTCH in the past when requested by the seller. Just not a big fan of giving up personal info especially if it doesn't prove anything.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I hope we see less people asking for LTCH. It was never that great of a "check" anyway.

According to the ISP, there are over 1.2 million pink cards issued as of 4/1/22, and there are about 4.5 million 5 million adult Hoosiers.

With those numbers there's gonna be no shortage of people that have got a pink card then committed a felony later and still have the physical card.

Ultimately it's up to the seller and I have showed LTCH in the past when requested by the seller. Just not a big fan of giving up personal info especially if it doesn't prove anything.
    I'll show a seller whatever it takes to make them comfortable about me being an Indiana resident.....but you ain't recording ****.

MrNewVegas

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2022
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    The minute you start typing my personal information into a database, we're done.....and a photo of my ID, nope.

To each his own.
    I'd be ok with not wanting a photo of ID thats why I always bring a bill of sale but the mycase search is non negotible...only had one person not be ok with it so I told them to meet me down the road at a gun shop for a transfer and they never showed so to me its a good way to eliminate felons

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'd be ok with not wanting a photo of ID thats why I always bring a bill of sale but the mycase search is non negotible...only had one person not be ok with it so I told them to meet me down the road at a gun shop for a transfer and they never showed so to me its a good way to eliminate felons

Please report back on how many INGOers take you up on your personal background checking procedure.

:popcorn:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    @MrNewVegas - so you base your decisions on a web site that has the following disclaimer:

Information displayed on this site is not to be considered or used as an official court record and may contain errors or omissions. Accuracy of the information is not warranted.

And you provide your buyers with a copy of your background check and proof that you aren't a government agent?

Edit: Private sales are just that, private. The parties involved each get to decide what steps they want to take to complete the deal. Make yourself happy and use whatever procedure you want.

I have to ask - if you want to make sure you aren't meeting a felon, shouldn't you do it before you meet in person?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Haven't sold any on here yet but I'm done many of private sells its my property its done how I feel it needs done or not at all...I prolly wouldn't wanna sell to yall tin foil hat guys anyway
    You don't have anything I want badly enough to give up all of that personal info you want. I can legally buy whatever you're selling somewhere else.

At the end of the day, we're in agreement.

Top Bottom