• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gman46582

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2013
    Recently picked up all of this for 900 (good deal?). glock 23c, storm lake 9mm conversion barrel, 2 ten round 40 cal mags, 2 13 round 40 cal mags, a 15 round 9mm mag, a 17 round 9mm mag, fobus mag holster, blackhawk carbon fiber serpa holster, and 50 rounds of 40 cal hollow points.
    anyway, i was wanting to get everybodys view on the compensated models of glock. what did you like about them? what didnt you like about them? how much different from the standard glock was is to you?

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    IMO...the compensated series of Glocks operate just fine. That being said, unless you are strictly using the gun for range work or a race gun I don't see many advantages to having one.

I would also say you over-paid quite a bit. A used 23c should probably be in the $425-475 range. Conversion barrel is around $130 new at Midway. Other stuff does not retain a bunch of value. Again, just my opinion and if you got what you wanted dont sweat it.

Last edited:

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    Not trolling, but what sort of horror stories?

IF you do much self-defense training for what would be a close-quarters shooting, the hot gases that shoot up from the porting will probably be coming toward your face or toward some other part of your own body. If you need to shoot from a close-tuck position such as in a physically-confrontational gunfight, you will need to train to rotate the gun so the gases don't spray into your face. For regular shooting, it's not really a problem other than the gases might reduce your night vision in low-light shooting due to the "flash" in front of your face.

tacdriver

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    VA
    Congrat's, on your new pistol!!

Handled both many times (23 & 23C) and I just preferred mine ported.

Not trolling, but what sort of horror stories?

I think what he's may be referring to is, a lot of folks say if you shoot it at night (without light) you can loose site picture of the target due to gas release from the ports.

Just me and from my experience... if you shoot just about any gun at night (without a flash light) you can loose sight picture after the first shot, but that's just my experience :)

Anyway...I love mine, it's my nightstand gun...allows me to get to my rifle :)

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2304.jpg

Enjoy your new rig :rockwoot:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    If you are happy with what you got that's all that matters.. Personally I really like Comp guns and think they are often maligned unfairly by "internet" experts and folks that have never shot one.
    Just my .02
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

sliptap

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Thanks EDP and Tac for educating me. I had heard that before (about losing your night vision) but agree that you probably do with most guns at night lol.

I thought maybe the poster meant there were some reliability pitfalls or other mechanical issues that could occur or something like that. At any rate, good information to know!:yesway:

Tac, that is an awesome 23 setup. I am a huge fan of G23s and that 23C just looks like a blast (no pun intended). Good stuff.:)

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    A buddy's 23c

Click on the Pic

Loud & fire breather, but he likes it... I have yet to find a 40 I like, but I'll shoot a 9mm or a .45 all day long.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Click on the Pic

Loud & fire breather, but he likes it... I have yet to find a 40 I like, but I'll shoot a 9mm or a .45 all day long.

Interesting you should say that, I feel EXACTLY the same way about the 40. I can manage a 40 with no problems but much prefer a 9MM or 45.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Top Bottom