• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Yeah no Cornfields here. We Grow Sorghum, we moved to our new place just for that reason it’s land locked on all sides and will be immune from any future growth.
    Same here. We moved to the hill country and they can't put subdivisions or warehouses near us.

Best part - fiber rolled in a few months after we did. No cell signal at the house but the wifi is great!

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Same here. We moved to the hill country and they can't put subdivisions or warehouses near us.

Best part - fiber rolled in a few months after we did. No cell signal at the house but the wifi is great!
    Wonder how they decide to roll out Fiber Optic? I think it runs parallel to power lines? I am guessing there must be a minimum number of homes in the area? There is one house down our road and it’s us so I am guessing we will not be seeing fiber optic.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Wonder how they decide to roll out Fiber Optic? I think it runs parallel to power lines? I am guessing there must be a minimum number of homes in the area? There is one house down our road and it’s us so I am guessing we will not be seeing fiber optic.
    It was through our power company, supposedly a federal grant years ago.

For the few months before fiber, we used Starlink and it was amazing.

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Wonder how they decide to roll out Fiber Optic? I think it runs parallel to power lines?
    Bright
    I live rural. Brighthouse-Spectrum is in the slow process of rolling out fiber on our road under a federal grant. I suspect the project will be completed just in time for everyone to cut the fiber and move to Star Link. Not unusual for a federal grant project.

We have T-Mobile home cellular wifi. It's not great but is far better than DSL or satellite (we tried both). At $60/month it's also cheaper.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Starlink?
    I've had Starlink for well over 2 1/2 years. No complaints. Still using the original hardware and now it's so stable and fast that I don't even think about it anymore.

If you think you need gig speeds to stream 4k, you don't. I can do that, Facetime and have 2 or 3 other devices going at the same time without buffering. If we were streaming 2 o more 4k, that may be an issue, but we don't do that.

Top Bottom