• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    My EDC is a Jericho 941 Magnum Research stamped. There is a single screw on each side through the grip that wants to walk out after a month, or after a good range trip. I'm tightening them what I would consider a sufficient amount, and really don't want to crank on them too hard. What kind of thread lock should I dab on them? or should I just torque them a bit more?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Blue Loctite. Coincidentally, its in a red tube. :scratch:

The red Loctite though is wicked strong and requires heat to release the lock, so bad news if you have plastic grips.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Id probably torc them. But it's easier to "feel" what your doing rather than tell someone over the Internet. Another option is to make a small rubber gasket that fits under the screw head and that will help keep the screws from backing out and also provide more tension

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Correct size o-ring on the screw works on 1911 grips, no Loctite needed in that case.

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]
    Glock certified armorer- M&P Certified armorer [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“[/FONT]Safety is not something that you hold in your hands, it happens between your ears” Col. Jeff Cooper

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Actually, purple Loctite would be my choice. Blue loctite is intended for larger screws then your grip screws, and is probably stronger than you need or want. The purple stuff is intended for smaller screws like set screws and such. The only downside is that it can be had to find locally. I had to order mine from Amazon. Also, make sure that the threads are completely clean and dry, screw and frame, before applying it.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Don't go by the "color" of Loctite. Color IS NOT a reliable indicator of what Loctite you're getting. 90% of Loctite products come in a red bottle with various markings, various product colors, etc. Use the product code or the product nomenclature to properly identify the Loctite you need.

I have "red Loctite" in blue packaging. Get it confused with blue and you'll be in trouble.
    I have "blue Loctite" that is in red packaging and in blue packaging.
    I have seen "Purple Loctite" in all three, red, blue, & purple packaging.

Purple is generally associated with "low-strength threadlocker", It is product #222, blue is generally associated with "medium strength threadlock", product #243. Red is associated with several different products, the most common being "high-strength threadlocker", product #263. I've always used medium & high strength. High-strength is for something you don't want come off unless you purposely try to remove it through deliberate means (heat is needed). Medium strength is generally used on smaller screws where you need to be able to remove it but don't want it to move until you move it. IE, grip screws.

Top Bottom