• ...and so much more!
  • khickey3492

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 6, 2010
    Kokomo
    I have a Colt Match Target HBar that was manufactured and sold during the Clinton Gun Ban. Therefore it has no flash hider (obviously ;)).

For my purposes, a flash hider is only for looks. But, I happen to like the look.

Can anyone recommend a source for having my barrel threaded and a flash hider installed. I am in the Kokomo area, but a short road trip would be okay, too!

Thanks for any help!

Kevin
    :ingo:

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    I have a question about this as well.

A friend of mine bought a Norinco Mak 90 during that ban as well. His was one of the ones waiting in customs. So they filed off the bayonet lug, and turned down the threads on the end of the barrel. What would a person do to fix this issue? without loosing an inch off the barrel and a recrown?

He also used one of those pin on hiders that somehow must have gotten loose during a clip rip and a bullet hit it which broke it off the gun and mucked his front site up. What do you do in this case to get proper allignment?

Branch

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    A little south of north.
    I have a question about this as well.

A friend of mine bought a Norinco Mak 90 during that ban as well. His was one of the ones waiting in customs. So they filed off the bayonet lug, and turned down the threads on the end of the barrel. What would a person do to fix this issue? without loosing an inch off the barrel and a recrown?

He also used one of those pin on hiders that somehow must have gotten loose during a clip rip and a bullet hit it which broke it off the gun and mucked his front site up. What do you do in this case to get proper allignment?

Depends I suggest going over to The AK forums and signing up those guys have the most knowledge of the AK platform outside of Russia.

The AK Forum - Index page

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Careful on the MAK90, you have a whole slew of legal issues to get into with 922R

Your right that it will have to be 922'd. Not an issue as it already has a American stock. Thinking a tapco g2 trigger set for it.

Stock with pistol grip = 3 points
    American Muzzle Break = 1 point
    G2 Trigger set = 2 points

Still if we cannot thread the barrel it won't matter. It will just have the drugunov style stock and leave it at that.

Top Bottom