• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Hi all - I teach at U of M in Ann Arbor. Someone had written "school shooting 4/13" in a bathroom wall. Local PD and Feds don't find it a credible threat. Regardless, I'll keep my head on a swivel.
    I wish these local bureaucrats wouldn't make it a crime for me to carry (with my MI permit, of course). MI is different the IU, where i was previously. At IU it's a matter of policy and trespass (and being fired of course), but in MI it's a criminal act, not just a tresspass/policy issue.

This will at least let me bring up the topic with my students next week

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    P.s. the student body here is pretty diverse, as one might expect, but i have many students talk about hunting and outdoor activities (more than i expected). I always hope that when my students finish, they can look back and realize they had at least one right-of-center professor. Often, this is the type of diversity that isn't as common in the humanities.

In my experience, business-fields are right or balanced, and the humanities is far-left. Hard sciences are split but seems a bit left-of-center.

Top Bottom