• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I have been wanting to get into 3 gun but I don't know what kind of equipment I should be looking into. I have a Colt 6920 with an Aimpoint CCO, Mossberg 590A1 and a Glock 19. Would this work for starters? What are some popular set ups? Any input would help. (How many mags? What kind of LBE/LBV? 3x mag for optics? Etc.)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have been wanting to get into 3 gun but I don't know what kind of equipment I should be looking into. I have a Colt 6920 with an Aimpoint CCO, Mossberg 590A1 and a Glock 19. Would this work for starters? What are some popular set ups? Any input would help. (How many mags? What kind of LBE/LBV? 3x mag for optics? Etc.)

There are too many variables to really address this effectively online until you've shot a few matches.

What you have will be just fine. You can't know until after you shoot some matches whether or not you want to change anything, or how you want to change it.

Number of mags will depend on the course of fire. It's unusual to need more than two 30-rd magazines on a rifle stage. Most people will use belt pouches of some sort, because they are faster than military-style load bearing gear, whether it's a vest, chest rig, or whatever.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Probably a bigger issue for you will be how to carry shotgun ammo.

You have options, which are dictated more by how you choose to reload than anything else.

If you reload with several shells in your hand at a time, you'll want to use the belt trays like those made by Choate or California Competition Works (there are a couple of others). If you reload one at a time, you're better off getting as much ammo on the gun or your arm as possible to minimize the distance your hand has to move.

If you're just doing it to have fun or to practice your skills, a dump pouch filled with shells will serve you well.

Top Bottom