Three shot dead in suburban Denver Walmart.....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Lol, sure, but Walmart won't care about Walmart crime until the Board of Directors tells them to care.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-walmart-crime/

This was a good read. I had heard some of this before, but was interesting to get that much of the story. Seems like now that the existence of their "crime database" is out there now, more lawsuits would be forthcoming from folks becoming victims at various Walmarts, given the need to prove that Walmart could foresee some of these events.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    According to NBC nightly news several people in the store drew concealed carry handguns.
    None engaged the shooter and added to the confusion of who did the shooting?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    According to NBC nightly news several people in the store drew concealed carry handguns.
    Interesting that none of the legally armed citizens engaged the shooter and tried to stop the carnage. But I guess there may have been a lot of variables in play in the heat of the moment.

Last edited:

AJBB87

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 6, 2009
    Here
    Interesting that none of the legally armed citizens engaged the shooter and tried to stop the carnage. But I guess there may have been a lot of variables in play in the heat of the moment.

Keep in mind: If you draw your weapon and seek out the threat, and begin firing, only YOU know you are not a threat to anyone else, and are attempting to be the hero. Off duty or plain clothes police officers have suffered friendly fire in similar scenarios.

Your weapon is primarily for YOUR protection.

...food for thought...

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So those who were lawfully armed didn't just start shooting wildly and cause more deaths than the murderer? (as the anti-2A types claim will happen in ConC passes) No clear shot, the bad guy was gone by the time the good guys got to that part of the store (Wal-Marts are not small)? To me this says a lot about the lawfully armed not treating a large retail establishment like a real life Hogan's Alley. As far as confusion, you have that anytime multiple agencies show up, why would this be different? The four rules were observed here, nothing wrong with that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Terrible that it happened in Colorado.
    Terrorists are smart enough not to choose Chicago for their acts of terrorism. No one would notice.
    The ones who aren't get murdered before they can carry out any terror.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The ones who aren't get murdered before they can carry out any terror.

It would suck for Jihad Johnny to get car jacked BEFORE he got to do his dastardly deeds.
    All the evidence would be stripped and sold before the local news had a chance to hide it in the back of the paper and blame it on Indiana.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    It's not random. Walmart terraforms an area into a crime friendly zone with its tolerance for mopery.

Look, this crime stuff isn't hard. Clean up a neighborhood, keep it orderly and you won't have crime.

Don't shoot the alligators, drain the swamp.

I agree 100% with that. Our Walmart accounts for a good percentage of theft,vagrants,pursuits, etc. There is a reason they hire several off duty officers on a daily basis during the holiday season. Parking lot looks like an FOP meeting.
    Now that I've bashed them I will compliment them on one good thing ours does. They are a fantastic donor when it come to our Shop-With-A-Cop program. Donate every year.

Top Bottom