• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Were our own worst ends well.. we would win any war if we were allowed to actually fight. Every war we get restricted so bad. Before we ever get i to a war we need to get rid of alot our politicians who would rather see a prolonged war then a quick kill and destroy everything war then leave.
    IMHO, Israel is using the correct tactics in Gaza. Break stuff, blow stuff up, kill people. I would certainly hope that they have no plans to go rebuild what they've destroyed.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    They sent in the BOne vice the BUFF. Seeing an E/F-18F Growler (Electronic Warfare/Radar Jammer) launched from a carrier the other day told me this is not a permissive environment.

Could be an Air Combat Command/B-1Bs are ACC/Air Component to CENTCOM/B-52s are Global Strike Command thing, but I remember when I was slick-sleeve KellyinAvon hearing the Radar signature of a BOne compared to a BUFF was like setting a briefcase next to a barn.

Barn comparisons stay with a farm kid ;)

U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement that forces conducted airstrikes on more than 85 targets in Iraq and Syria against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Quds Force and affiliated militia groups. The strikes were carried out by long-range B-1 bombers and were President Biden's first response to the attack by Iran-backed militia groups that killed three American soldiers in Jordan last weekend.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They sent in the BOne vice the BUFF. Seeing an E/F-18F Growler (Electronic Warfare/Radar Jammer) launched from a carrier the other day told me this is not a permissive environment.

Could be an Air Combat Command/B-1Bs are ACC/Air Component to CENTCOM/B-52s are Global Strike Command thing, but I remember when I was slick-sleeve KellyinAvon hearing the Radar signature of a BOne compared to a BUFF was like setting a briefcase next to a barn.

U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) said in a statement that forces conducted airstrikes on more than 85 targets in Iraq and Syria against Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) Quds Force and affiliated militia groups. The strikes were carried out by long-range B-1 bombers and were President Biden's first response to the attack by Iran-backed militia groups that killed three American soldiers in Jordan last weekend.

The B-1 carries more boom. They also are much more capable aircraft. Plus.. they are LOUD. Like nothing else. Nothing screams MERICA like Four General Electric F101 engines in afterburner....

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The B-1 carries more boom. They also are much more capable aircraft. Plus.. they are LOUD. Like nothing else. Nothing screams MERICA like Four General Electric F101 engines in afterburner....

The ANG was flying a squadron of B-1Bs at McConnell AFB, Kansas when I was there in the mid-90s. I remember being a Little League coach there, when one of those flew over (not in AB) the kids couldn't hear you no matter how loud you yelled.

When the fleet got small enough for the number of spare parts to be adequate, the BOne became a highly effective platform. It went operational in October 86, and missed Desert Storm because you couldn't keep them in the air.

McConnell still had what was the 384th Bomb Wing on active duty in early 94. Flying 100 of those birds they had a 50% mission capable rate. With 60 BOnes? Now we're talkin!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Did we hit anything that mattered and did we degrade their warfighting ability, or did we take out their monkey bars?

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Did we hit anything that mattered and did we degrade their warfighting ability, or did we take out their monkey bars?
    Despite the fact that B-1 strikes from the US are something unusual, I have my doubts on the targets..

I was hoping we would hit some tasty targets in Iran

At least with the B-1 every motherfracker within 100 miles of its flightpath probably heard those aircraft.

If you wanted to send a big loud message.. The B-1 will get that job done.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    We're designed to level countries, not build countries. In all of those conflicts we absolutely devastated the militaries we fought, it was the attempt to rebuild those countries that fell flat.

Look up the gulf war.
    It's hard to bomb an enemy back into the Stone Age when the Stone Age is pretty much how they live daily life

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I think B-1 is also configured better to launch stand-off weapons from the bomb bay. They may have hit those 85 targets from the next zip code. Rapid egress from the hot zone, too

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I think B-1 is also configured better to launch stand-off weapons from the bomb bay. They may have hit those 85 targets from the next zip code. Rapid egress from the hot zone, too
    JASMs and JSOWs baby! JDAMs are now old-school I guess.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    These people have literally decades of institutional experience surviving US air power and were given weeks of notice. I highly doubt we blew up anything but empty buildings and random scrap. I have low expectations.

Top Bottom