• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    I am having some duplicates made of a small throwing double headed htachet that I have used for years and was wondering if there would be any interest in them here. When I get the 1st one completed I will post pics and get some opinions. I am told that I should have the 1st one sometime next week.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Anything like the Hibben throwing hatchets?

uc2013.jpg

Last edited:

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Close to the Hibben

It is close to the Hibben without the spike on top. The original was made by a company called Taylor/Seto. There is one posted on ebay now. I am at work right now but will get a pic of the original posted tonight. I am thinking that with the cost of cutting and heat treating they are gonna be around $60

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    60 is a decent price depending on the details. Please post pics, dimensions, and metal Alloy so we can get a comment from Tyler on how well it will hold an edge.

Thanks

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Thank you

Thanks DarkRose. That is what I am having duplicated. I am leaving the wood slabs off and having the handle slotted so it can be paracorded. It is being made from stainless and the guy will heat treat it for me. I have a couple of knives that he has made for me and they have held an edge very well.

Last edited:

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Thanks Darkhorse. That is what I am having duplicated. I am leaving the wood slabs off and having the handle slotted so it can be paracorded. It is being made from stainless and the guy will heat treat it for me. I have a couple of knives that he has made for me and they have held an edge very well.

Horse? We don't need no stinking horse...

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Design change

I got in the first one and have had to change the design. It will NOT have a paracord handle. It will have either Hickory or Walnut slabs.

The one that I have gotten is a good looking piece with Elk Horn slabs. I will post a pic tonight when I get home

Top Bottom