• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Had you put your sidearm in your car and returned to at least immerse yourself in a mature conversation about your right to carry I would look at your situation differently.

Instead you took your gun and went home.

Sorry, but I don't see that you promoted our agenda at ALL!

As a matter of fact you most likely put people off.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Neither form of carry is truly better then the other and that is the truth wither you like it or not. The only true difference is the state of mind of the person carrying.
    your-high-horse.jpg

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Had you put your sidearm in your car and returned to at least immerse yourself in a mature conversation about your right to carry I would look at your situation differently.

He stood up for his beliefs. Why are you berating him? I have educated many people, including LEOs on the laws on carrying a firearms, simply by carrying one. If I had not been OCing, it would not have happened.

Why should I conceal at a FAMILY event? It shouldn't even be mentioned. Why should anyone be expected to change their behavior? Why should he disarm himself and return? Over 20 million people were murdered because they didn't make a stand for their rights.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    LOL!!

Dear god son, had he concealed, IT WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN MENTIONED!!!

Completely missing the point. What reason does he have to conceal it? He doesn't want to. What is your issue with this?

I have been asked to conceal for family functions. I have always declined.

"Grandma, we know you need your oxygen, but could you go ahead and not bring it in with you? It bothers some of our friends."

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

Do you really think Mr. Busybody would have engaged in a mature conversation and kept an open mind? Do you really think that Mr. Deputy Sheriff would be the same?

Busybody exercised his rights of property......if he had any.....and the cop didn't feel the need to be further bothered by it.

The only agenda was pushed, was by the anti-gun moron.....and it had nothing with the descriptor of mature.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Do you really think Mr. Busybody would have engaged in a mature conversation and kept an open mind? Do you really think that Mr. Deputy Sheriff would be the same?
    I guess we'll never know. I imagine if the cause of consternaton, the firearm, was removed from the picture that cooler heads would prevail.

And I thought OC people did it, in some part, to educate...at least that's what they've been saying. :dunno:

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Bad deal, but well handled OP. If my family wants me to leave, I'll go. I respect them and am not going to start a fight at a family event over being armed.

If it were me, I would have tried to exit without making a scene. It sounds like you managed to do just that, plus it has motivated your wife to get her LTCH! Sounds like you are rewarded for handling the situation appropriately.

Well Played!

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The next family event with this joker, plan an INGO open carry event next door.

Perhaps then he'll leave.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    "Grandma, we know you need your oxygen, but could you go ahead and not bring it in with you? It bothers some of our friends

So you equate an old womans health issues with your right/choice to open carry?

Do you really think Mr. Busybody would have engaged in a mature conversation and kept an open mind?

You, nor the OP has any idea if someone, or many others , asked "mr. busybody" to confront the OP.

Had the OP handled the situation in a mature manner ( put his sidearm in the car) and engaged those involved in an informed conversation I would see it different.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    So you don't feel that standing up for what you believe in is "mature?"

I consider standing up for what I believe in to be just that, STANDING UP.

The OP did nothing of the sort, he took his gun and went home.

Had he actually started a meaningful conversation I would give him props.

instead he took his gun and went home..good way to take a stand.

DaddyFixSemi

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2011
    Princeton, In
    So you equate an old womans health issues with your right/choice to open carry?

You, nor the OP has any idea if someone, or many others , asked "mr. busybody" to confront the OP.

Had the OP handled the situation in a mature manner ( put his sidearm in the car) and engaged those involved in an informed conversation I would see it different.

so had you been at the same event, me OC'ing and you CC'ing. Would you have disarmed yourself when I as the OC'er was asked to or would you have kept your mouth shut and allowed and enforced a double standard.
    because that is what it becomes for those who CC as opposed to those who OC.

so how is disarming myself and allowing them to dictate what I can or can't do. standing up for my right and beliefs.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I consider standing up for what I believe in to be just that, STANDING UP.

The OP did nothing of the sort, he took his gun and went home.

Had he actually started a meaningful conversation I would give him props.

instead he took his gun and went home..good way to take a stand.

And, it showed that he will not sacrifice his values. Yes, he could have, and should have, engaged in discussion, but that's not the way it happened. It's easy to analyze things after the fact. I commend him for not disarming, and not concealing.

When the officer at my bank told me I couldn't carry in there, I engaged in discussion, and we were both very professional, and had a civil conversation, ending with him understanding that I was doing nothing wrong, and that he could not ask me to disarm.

What happened, happened. It was fine. Any situation could have been handled better, but I'm not concerned with that. His actions made a point, and as to how it was received, I don't know. He made his stand by leaving. It was still a stand.

Top Bottom