• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    This is all interesting and such. But the fact that you post this shows just how "remarkable" this stop was. Because it's generally not the norm.

Mackey, you speak as if you experience a traffic stop on a regular basis. I can tell you it is the norm, from a guy who does this job for a living. For me and 99% of the guys I work with, between the 2 departments I have worked for, YOUR attitude will dictate how our attitude is. Perhaps you shouldn't be so quick to bash a job you obviously don't do and lump all of use together.:twocents:

dcahsr23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2011
    Central Indiana
    most cops are good. but it doesnt matter what profession u are in there will be bad people. to those of you who absolutely hate cops we need someone to regulate all of us or it would be total mayhem.

trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    most cops are good. but it doesnt matter what profession u are in there will be bad people. to those of you who absolutely hate cops we need someone to regulate all of us or it would be total mayhem.

Your comment shows your knowledge and I agree to an extent because everyone is entitled to free speech, which makes this Country great, but I geuss it doesn't have to be intelligent speech. How we regulate ignorance is the question.

ralphb72

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Greens Fork, IN
    Really? I thought it was the whole protect and serve thing. So now we are not to be protected and served, we are to be regulated?

Sorry, I know what you mean, but that whole regulation thing, just slays me. When my dad was a police officer, he was in it to protect the innocent and catch the criminals. With the whole militarization of the force now days, we are subjects to be regulated.

trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Really? I thought it was the whole protect and serve thing. So now we are not to be protected and served, we are to be regulated?

Sorry, I know what you mean, but that whole regulation thing, just slays me. When my dad was a police officer, he was in it to protect the innocent and catch the criminals. With the whole militarization of the force now days, we are subjects to be regulated.

Actually, your United States Supreme Court, in a landmark ruling that of course did not make the news a couple years ago, stated that no one has the right to police protection. It is not a right afforded to the public by our Constitution. By the way, serve and protect is just a motto, we can only do what the law allows, serving isn't a law its what a bartender does, and protecting is what the Secret Service does, we are not here to take a bullet for anybody, or be yelled at when your laptop was stolen from your unlocked car, this gig sure don't pay enough for that or any other crystal ball talents the public expects us to have. By the way, anyone that doesn't like how we do things, call someone else when your Christmas lights get stolen. Maybe this explains why your "bad, mean cops" are that way they are. You complainers need to get a clue.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...this gig sure don't pay enough for that or any other crystal ball talents the public expects us to have.

The entire public holds these expectations? Everyone who isn't an officer?

By the way, anyone that doesn't like how we do things, call someone else when your Christmas lights get stolen.

So you all do things exactly the same way? What if I just don't like what a handful of officers do, can I still call upon the others?

You complainers need to get a clue.

And statements containing absolute us vs. them stereotypes really hurt both "sides".

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Actually, your United States Supreme Court, in a landmark ruling that of course did not make the news a couple years ago, stated that no one has the right to police protection. It is not a right afforded to the public by our Constitution. By the way, serve and protect is just a motto, we can only do what the law allows, serving isn't a law its what a bartender does, and protecting is what the Secret Service does, we are not here to take a bullet for anybody, or be yelled at when your laptop was stolen from your unlocked car, this gig sure don't pay enough for that or any other crystal ball talents the public expects us to have. By the way, anyone that doesn't like how we do things, call someone else when your Christmas lights get stolen. Maybe this explains why your "bad, mean cops" are that way they are. You complainers need to get a clue.

Sounds like a change in career may be in order before you go over the edge like that guy in Ohio.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    stated that no one has the right to police protection

This is why I support the citizen's right to carry and own firearms. We can't be everywhere all the time.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is all interesting and such. But the fact that you post this shows just how "remarkable" this stop was. Because it's generally not the norm.

Holy fallacy of leaping to conclusions, Batman!

Yeah, not so much. How many times do people post good experiences at Wal-Mart? I've seen more than a couple of "bad" experiences posted here, and by your poor logic, if some soul was ever to post a "good" experience at Wal-Mart, that would (in relation to the bad ones already posted) be indicative of how rarely one has a positive shopping experience at said retailer.

trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Sounds like a change in career may be in order before you go over the edge like that guy in Ohio.[/QUOTE

Just stating what I have seen and heard multiple times in my career. Again, from those who do not do the job. Believe me, I would love a new job so I don't have to hear how the job needs to be done by everyone who doesn't do this job. I guess everyone can have an opinion EXCEPT a policeman. I guess I should be quiet and know my place, just like in the former USSR.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Just stating what I have seen and heard multiple times in my career. Again, from those who do not do the job. Believe me, I would love a new job so I don't have to hear how the job needs to be done by everyone who doesn't do this job. I guess everyone can have an opinion EXCEPT a policeman. I guess I should be quiet and know my place, just like in the former USSR.

You'll find the same to some degree at most any job, but especially so in highly visible, interpersonal public jobs like yours.

Don't personify the negative hype or play the victim - you'll just end up bitter. Bitter people with power is scary.
    We need the very best people in these jobs.

I did pose some questions regarding your earlier stated opinions, but I don't know why you think you shouldn't have one or be able to express it here?

trpsteelnuts

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    You'll find the same to some degree at most any job, but especially so in highly visible, interpersonal public jobs like yours.

Don't personify the negative hype or play the victim - you'll just end up bitter. Bitter people with power is scary.
    We need the very best people in these jobs.

I did pose some questions regarding your earlier stated opinions, but I don't know why you think you shouldn't have one or be able to express it here?

Well put ATM, just expressing alittle frustration over a job that is not what people think. By the way, we don't get bitter, we become indifferent.

Top Bottom