• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    The guy had his hazards on, and he pulled into the hospital, logic would tell you that they are there for a reason. How about walking in with the party, confirming the story and using a little discretion. I understand it is a very stressful job, but you have to be able to think.

hardtrailz400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Batesvegas
    Even write a ticket and leave it under the windshield wiper. But do not keep the family from seeing the last bit of a loved ones life. i am sure that Mr Moats would have had no problem paying a ticket if the cop would have just given him a few minutes to see his family.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    he knew what was going on... he should have waited... he knew they were distraught...

after watching ALL, that really just pissed me off. I'm all for cops, but that guys wasn't just about upholding the law, he was playing the "I'll teach you to respect me" game.

There's no time for that crap when someone's dying.

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Seems he also forgot the camera was on at the end. Casually conversing with another officer got himself in more hot water.

"I've only ever been in one other chase before, in January"

"In the report I worded it so it made it sound like I was in fear for my life"

What a nut-job disgrace to officers everywhere. I would like to see him lose his job, but at the minimum needs a big punishment. Just the way he conducted himself during the stop almost seemed like he tried to delay things further, blabbing his mouth about what he could do, telling the guy about respect and to calm down etc. Geeze, get real, I hope he gets what he has coming to him. I'm not against police, I am against "power-whoring" police that have no return respect for civies, or no ability to use common-sense and discretion.

Old Syko

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    What a piece of work!! After all is said and done the cop was rewarded with a paid vacation instead of correction.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Wow, just...wow. That was a "chase"?? oy.

Moats deserves a big hand for staying that calm. I doubt I would have been. And the father of the dying woman stayed with Moats to make sure he was ok?? He didn't even get to be with his daughter when she passed. Unbelievable.

Sometimes I wonder if they should raise the age limit on being a Police Officer. This seems to me like a case of "young and cocky".

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Wow, don't even know what to say other than the faster he's sent packing the better. After reviewing the tape with superiors he still thinks it was justified! And before he became a cop he was quoted in his blog as saying, "Only 18 more days until I get to shoot people." What the....?

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    just wait till all the cop defenders get on here and say the cop was doing the right thing :rolleyes:

He was doing the right thing by stopping a traffic violator, where he didn't do the right thing is after the Moats pulled into the hospital parking lot and told him that their mother was dying, he needed to look at the overall picture and have some compassion and understanding. It wouldn't have been to diffcult to go inside with them and checked that they were telling the truth.

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    This reminds me of a story that my parents tell about either me or one of my siblings birth. Dad was taking Mom to hospital during labor and as they describe it they did basically the same thing, rolled a few stop signs after verifying no traffic, a little faster than the speed limit etc. A LEO dropped in behind with his lights on and my Dad didn't pull over just drove the rest of the way to the hospital. (A couple of more blocks) When the officer realized that they where headed the hospital he turned off his siren, left the lights running and followed them the rest of the way. When everyone was pulled over at the curb and my Mom obviously in labor got out of the car and headed for the door with Dad the officer ran ahead of them and held the door open for them and as far as I know didn't even say anything to my dad. Of course all of this was years ago when common sense was still, well common.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    This reminds me of a story that my parents tell about either me or one of my siblings birth. Dad was taking Mom to hospital during labor and as they describe it they did basically the same thing, rolled a few stop signs after verifying no traffic, a little faster than the speed limit etc. A LEO dropped in behind with his lights on and my Dad didn't pull over just drove the rest of the way to the hospital. (A couple of more blocks) When the officer realized that they where headed the hospital he turned off his siren, left the lights running and followed them the rest of the way. When everyone was pulled over at the curb and my Mom obviously in labor got out of the car and headed for the door with Dad the officer ran ahead of them and held the door open for them and as far as I know didn't even say anything to my dad. Of course all of this was years ago when common sense was still, well common.

:+1: for that cop. To protect and serve.

Top Bottom