• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My 2 beagles get flea/tick/heartworm 12 months religiously. It doesn't stop the ticks from trying to get them. Every once in a while we will comb out a dead one brave enough to bite them but quite a few ride on them into the house.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I use permethrin. It works, I know it works, I've used it for years and I'll probably use it for years more so long as I can get it. It's cheap.

"Wondercide" $26 for 16 OUNCES? LOL, yeah right.

I have permerthrin as well, do you spray it right over your clothes? Someone here posted the Wondercide with a great review so I gave it a shot. Smells good and non toxic, we will see how long the bottles last though.

INP8riot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    West Central
    I have permerthrin as well, do you spray it right over your clothes? Someone here posted the Wondercide with a great review so I gave it a shot. Smells good and non toxic, we will see how long the bottles last though.
    That was me. I buy it by the gallon to help get the price down to $.86 per oz. That also allows me to have enough on hand to wait for their sale prices to buy more. Just spent another weekend in that same field. Still no ticks!

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    Since it was warm today and the dogs would be running the pines, I remembered the Bronco Equine Fly spray someone recommended. 45 minutes running and no ticks to be found. It has 3 ingredients with permethrin listed at .1%. Other ingredients listed at 99.376%. I think I got it at TSC.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Since it was warm today and the dogs would be running the pines, I remembered the Bronco Equine Fly spray someone recommended. 45 minutes running and no ticks to be found. It has 3 ingredients with permethrin listed at .1%. Other ingredients listed at 99.376%. I think I got it at TSC.
    We will have to give that stuff a try. We are treating our dogs with oral remedy but aren't convinced it will be effective in the deep woods.

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Nov 2, 2017
    LaPaz Junction
    My beagles were in the pines this weekend and came in the house with about 5 ticks on them. It seems they try to climb to their head or back to get away from the skin smell. My Uncle said how do you find them so small? He's used to seeing them blown up full of blood.

Longhair

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010

I bought some of the wondercide and the Wife used it before going mushroom hunting yesterday, she came home covered in ticks.....waste of money.

tcecil88

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2013
    @ the corner of IN, KY & OH.
    I was packing up my bag for next week's turkey trip and found a big Lone Star nestled between 2 folded shirts. Little Ba$tard was obviously waiting with ill intent, so I dispatched him accordingly. He has been in there at least 4 days, since I got back from the farm.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Been lucky mushroom hunting this spring and only brought back a few ticks. I hate them with the white hot intensity of a burning sun...

If I had a choice of rounding all the ticks or all the liberals and transporting them to Tehran, I am not sure which one I would choose.

Top Bottom