• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I guess thanks to our mild winter that ticks are already looking for a meal. I woke up this morning to one munchin on me. Was in the woods and tall grass a lot yesterday but didn't think about ticks being active yet. So protect yourself.

J.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I went out shed hunting with my Lab about two weeks ago in perry co. and found one on him,it was not imbeded just walking on his belly.None on me,so that's a good thing.It looks like it's time for tick protection,K9 Advantix II for him and Permethrin for myself,looks like a bad bug year!Anybody finding sheds yet?

Kev

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    South Bend
    I've got plenty of deer on my wooded property.. but they bring in plenty of ticks too... I'm in South Bend area.. so be aware they are out here too. I always use the Permethrin spray as well.. and it does work!
    I got a good high grade spray at Dick's sporting goods - by Sawyer. It has a high percentage of the activant and i've witnessed the results.
    Recommended!

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I guess thanks to our mild winter that ticks are already looking for a meal. I woke up this morning to one munchin on me. Was in the woods and tall grass a lot yesterday but didn't think about ticks being active yet. So protect yourself.

J.

Ditto...i went unprepared. Wont happen again..

OWGEM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    OK, found a tick on my leg last night. I had been out to the range and also sitting in my back yard. Never went into tall grass or heavly wooded area. This looks like a real bad tick year coming. :(

Cpl. Klinger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    The 4077th
    Went fishing at Atterbury the other day, and found 5 ticks between the three of us. Definitely going to be a nasty year for the bugs of all sorts.

deanald2pt0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    NW Indy
    I went out shed hunting with my Lab about two weeks ago in perry co. and found one on him,it was not imbeded just walking on his belly.None on me,so that's a good thing.It looks like it's time for tick protection,K9 Advantix II for him and Permethrin for myself,looks like a bad bug year!Anybody finding sheds yet?

I treated my dogs the other day, I wanted to avoid any flea and tick problems.

Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 29, 2011
    SWI
    My stepdad got bit by a female deer tick and has a nickel sized bruise show up almost immediately and has tenderness around the bite spot.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    X2

Out in the wods and field yesterday working checked before bed and got woke yp by one crawling on my chest. Scared the sh!* out of me then found another. Ugh nothing I hate more than a damn tick they creep me out everytime.

bradw266

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Been clearing an area in a field with a lot of weeds. I found 4 on me after working just a couple of hours. I agree it's gonna be a bad year for bugs. (Although I did find a nice shed from an 8 pointer while working).

Top Bottom