• ...and so much more!
  • sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I find at least a couple every time I go the one property I hunt. They are a always crawling on my pants. I had three on me when it warmed up to 70 degrees over a month ago.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    Three weeks ago in late February, my wife found a tick on her shirt and we got bit by mosquitoes on our land - less than 5 days after we had 2" of snow on the ground and temps in the low 20s.

Since then I've pulled one tick off my wife, one off my 2 year old, and one off my dog...and probably 3-4 more off of clothes. Thankfully my 5 year old and I have avoided being bitten thus far but its just a matter of time.

Kill them ALL with fire.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Three weeks ago in late February, my wife found a tick on her shirt and we got bit by mosquitoes on our land - less than 5 days after we had 2" of snow on the ground and temps in the low 20s.

Since then I've pulled one tick off my wife, one off my 2 year old, and one off my dog...and probably 3-4 more off of clothes. Thankfully my 5 year old and I have avoided being bitten thus far but its just a matter of time.

Kill them ALL with fire.

FIRE sounds like a great solution!!!

1988-4551

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Hate them with a passion, anyone ever gotten lyme disease or have info regarding its prevalence in the state?

ammmorph

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2016
    Carmel
    Hate them with a passion, anyone ever gotten lyme disease or have info regarding its prevalence in the state?
    Unfortunately, I got Lyme disease about 3 months ago in Carmel and I am still suffering with it. I live in a heavily wooded area and have 2 big dogs. I think the tick may have come in on the dogs. The CDC just recently revised their estimates from 30K to 300K people a year in the US that get it. A lot of independent studies put the number closer to 900K people a year that get it in the US. According to the German government 1 out of 80 people in Germany have it. China is estimating 6% of it's 1.4 billion population has it. That's 84 million people! It is the #1 vector borne illness in the world and you hardly ever hear anything about it. It is most prevalent in the the NE and upper Midwest but it really is almost everywhere. I knew nothing about it until I got it. It is a horrible, horrible disease. I've only been able to go into the office for work 4 days in the last 7 weeks. If you have a "bulls eye" rash or just feel ill for no reason (especially in the summer months) get tested and even if the test is negative (they are false negative over 60% of the time) and they can't figure out what is wrong insist on Doxycycline (antibiotics). The sooner you get on antibiotics the better your chance of at least not having it become a chronic, life long debilitating illness.

Top Bottom