• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    Walked into Sports Clips today for a haircut. ESPN is repeatedly showing video of Sergio Garcia apologizing for his answer to Golf Channel's Steve Sands's question of having Tiger Woods over for dinner during the U.S. Open.

What was his answer?: “We will have him round every night,” Garcia said. “We will serve fried chicken.”

Okay, so it was a poor joke at the expense of Wood's race. Everyone knows it, that includes the girls at Sports Clips. The girls there were horrified at such behavior.

Now here's the kicker: Not one person in that shop knew anything about:

• The Americans killed in Benghazi on September 11th,
    • The current IRS scandal,
    • The DOJ unlawfully invading the emails and telephone calls of the press,
    • or Operation Fast and Furious.
    Though half of the people there, did happen to hear something about the recent tornado disasters in Oklahoma, but nobody could tell me anything about it.

I don't believe there is enough facepalm to do this matter justice.

Pinchaser

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 26, 2012
    In a much better day in our country's history, the room would have chuckled a bit and then moved on. The liberals have done such a destructive job, both in our schools and in our popular media, that such a comment today must be condemned by the world in some "we are above that" ritual. Nonsense. We've done this to ourselves.

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    So you were in a "sports-themed" hair cutting shop watching a sports channel, and you expect people to be up to date on current real issues? I guess I've just come to expect very little of people anymore; let alone hair stylist watching espn.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The disinterested guy tunes into American Idol. The interested guy tunes into every bit of news media he can and develops an ulcer. In the end, they both accomplish nothing except the interested guy has an ulcer.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Walked into Sports Clips today for a haircut. ESPN is repeatedly showing video of Sergio Garcia apologizing for his answer to Golf Channel's Steve Sands's question of having Tiger Woods over for dinner during the U.S. Open.

What was his answer?: “We will have him round every night,” Garcia said. “We will serve fried chicken.”

Okay, so it was a poor joke at the expense of Wood's race. Everyone knows it, that includes the girls at Sports Clips. The girls there were horrified at such behavior.

Though half of the people there, did happen to hear something about the recent tornado disasters in Oklahoma, but nobody could tell me anything about it.

I'm just shocked you are surprised...

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    The disinterested guy tunes into American Idol. The interested guy tunes into every bit of news media he can and develops an ulcer. In the end, they both accomplish nothing except the interested guy has an ulcer.

I don't have an ulcer, and have accomplished quite a bit thank you very much.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013

No shock here.

Wilfully ignorant sheep are plentiful....should have asked how many of the idiots voted for der fuhrer.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    My cousin voted for Romney because it was an excuse to leave work.... and because her foreman told her not to vote for Obama.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Grasshopper, have you never read Loren C. Eiseley's "The Star Thrower"?

Nope, but I have read Atlas Shrugged. Who is John Galt? I quit getting so worked up about politics because there isn't a damned thing I can do to change it. Government grows, liberty shrinks.

HotD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    N/A
    Nope, but I have read Atlas Shrugged. Who is John Galt? I quit getting so worked up about politics because there isn't a damned thing I can do to change it. Government grows, liberty shrinks.

So who on this thread is speaking of government? I mean, other than you?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is the U.S today. our culture has been destroyed and built upon fame and celebrity. This is why politicians are no more than pseudo celebrities. common sense and reality are no longer important in this country. people are more concerned with tiger woods than the destruction of their country, and this is exactly what the liberals want. and dont bother informing them, they will look at you like you are a crazy conspiracy nut and dismiss everything you say eventhough you have facts and the truth. so sad.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So who on this thread is speaking of government? I mean, other than you?

Didn't you start this thread *****ing about the populace not being up on current events and government scandals? I'm merely making the point of why people are disinterested.

Top Bottom