• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Officials are asking parents to step in and help curb this growing trend.

:orly:

Think the parents are disciplining the kids?
    Think the State allows the discipline?
    Looks like the State is reaping what it sowed.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Then again, at work we get grown men that trash the bathroom.
    Think they're "getting one over on the company".
    NO! You're screwing with the guy that needs to POOP, and has to deal with 3 of the 6 toilets plugged.
    Why screw with the company . You have a serious well payed job. Dirty, yes. Dangerous, oh yes but you asked them for a job. WTAF. Are we that much closer to “Idiocracy”. (Sp)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Why screw with the company . You have a serious well payed job. Dirty, yes. Dangerous, oh yes but you asked them for a job. WTAF. Are we that much closer to “Idiocracy”. (Sp)

Because some people are raised in barns apparently.

Just like guys that don't clean their mess from the microwave.
    Leave crap in the fridge.
    Go to a job with extra bolts, in case you drop one. Then when you're done, instead of putting the extra bolts away, just throw them away.
    Etc.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Because some people are raised in barns apparently.

Just like guys that don't clean their mess from the microwave.
    Leave crap in the fridge.
    Go to a job with extra bolts, in case you drop one. Then when you're done, instead of putting the extra bolts away, just throw them away.
    Etc.
    Yup. In a word “Ferrell “

Trevelayan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 11, 2014
    Putnam Co.
    I'm gonna sound like a boomer here but TT and phones in general for kids under 15 are just cancer for society. This seems to be both a result of lack of parents, and just a general failing of the moral decay in our society. like, some pranks and trends are genuinely funny and creative. Some viral trends are cool, but stealing stuff from schools? Why? Are the kids really that bored? Are they really so depraved that something as nonsensical as this is worth bragging about?

Reactions: Leo

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The children of the free world all using a social media platform ran by algorithms approved by the Chinese Communist Party. What could go wrong?

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Maybe they need to be taught, and use, the Dewey decimal system and get off the screens. Some may know this, many probably don’t.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    From the people who brought you: the Tide Pod Challenge; Drinking boiling water through a straw; The Milk Crate Challenge... anybody else see a trend here?

Be on time, don't do drugs. Just do those things and you'll be running the place in 6 months.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My youngest son, who is an adult, went to lunch with us at a local restaurant a few weeks ago. While we were eating, a lady walked in and was seated across the room, with her, was a slouchy little puke of a kid, maybe 14 or 15, wearing baggy shorts, bright red nikes, and a big hoodie with the hood over his head. Never mind that it was 90 degrees outside.

They sat down and the hood stayed on, which just ****ing annoys me to no end, but I thought I was the only one paying attention. Maybe 5 minutes after they were seated, my son says “see that kid over there” and I rolled my eyes and said I was aware of him. Son says “you would have ripped that hoodie off of me if I would have got halfway through the door with the hood on”. To which I replied “no, you would have never got out of the house with it in the first place, it 90 ****ing degrees outside”
    He grinned and said “true”.

People take pride in looking and being stupid anymore, and the lazy ass parents don’t GAF.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    My youngest son, who is an adult, went to lunch with us at a local restaurant a few weeks ago. While we were eating, a lady walked in and was seated across the room, with her, was a slouchy little puke of a kid, maybe 14 or 15, wearing baggy shorts, bright red nikes, and a big hoodie with the hood over his head. Never mind that it was 90 degrees outside.

They sat down and the hood stayed on, which just ****ing annoys me to no end, but I thought I was the only one paying attention. Maybe 5 minutes after they were seated, my son says “see that kid over there” and I rolled my eyes and said I was aware of him. Son says “you would have ripped that hoodie off of me if I would have got halfway through the door with the hood on”. To which I replied “no, you would have never got out of the house with it in the first place, it 90 ****ing degrees outside”
    He grinned and said “true”.

People take pride in looking and being stupid anymore, and the lazy ass parents don’t GAF.

While I generally agree with what you are talking about, there are some exceptions. I do know a young man who always wears a hoodie with it up, temperature indoors/outdoors doesn't matter. He is on the autism spectrum and not having it up makes him very uncomfortable. Other than wearing the hoodie like he does, I'm guessing the vast majority of INGO would support/like/wouldn't mind having him as a son. He received an APW cert in mig, stick, and tig before he had his highschool degree (went to ivy tech for a couple of years while still in HS). Takes care of farm animals and actually doesn't mind or complain. Is very polite, holds doors, etc. Damn good young man, except for that damn hoodie... He is the only reason I'm willing to cut slack for them without further info. I will admit I don't know his views on guns though.

Top Bottom