Tim Cook says employees who leak memos do not belong at Apple, according to leaked memo

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drewski

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2019
    Deep South Side
    That old *** also said Apple would cover medical expenses for Texas Apple employees who want to travel out of state for an abortion.

Focus on computers, Timmy.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    That old *** also said Apple would cover medical expenses for Texas Apple employees who want to travel out of state for an abortion.

Focus on computers, Timmy.
    Sounds like apple has too much money. I’ll keep that in mind next time I break my phone

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Possibly some of you did not read the article? Here is the gist...

...On September 17th, Tim Cook announced during an internal company-wide meeting that Apple would be requiring frequent testing for unvaccinated employees — but was stopping short of a vaccine mandate. He also said that he was “looking forward to moving forward” after the Epic v. Apple antitrust case. Shortly after the meeting, both pieces of news leaked to The Verge.

Now, Cook is tying the news to product leaks — which the company has historically gone to great lengths to track down...

Mr. Cook, who is so quick to run to the press for liberal/woke/anti-gun issues, seems to be offended when company happenings that might show them in a bad light make it to the press.

We're not talking about trade secrets, we are talking about company employee vaccine policy and the results of a loss in court.

Mr. Cook feels good about making the press clear on how we should all think about gun control, yet wants controversial company policy kept a lid on?

Last edited:

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Possibly some of you did not read the article? Here is the gist...

...On September 17th, Tim Cook announced during an internal company-wide meeting that Apple would be requiring frequent testing for unvaccinated employees — but was stopping short of a vaccine mandate. He also said that he was “looking forward to moving forward” after the Epic v. Apple antitrust case. Shortly after the meeting, both pieces of news leaked to The Verge.

Now, Cook is tying the news to product leaks — which the company has historically gone to great lengths to track down...

Mr. Cook, who is so quick to run to the press for liberal/woke/anti-gun issues, seems to be offended when company happenings that might show them in a bad light make it to the press.

We're not talking about trade secrets, we are talking about company employee vaccine policy and the results of a loss in court.

Mr. Cook feels good about making the press clear on how we should all think about gun control, yet wants controversial company policy kept a lid on?
    Cook is another weak shouldered, communist, butt kissing, wanna be
    Dictator

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm no fan of Apple or Tim Cook, but I'm not understanding the outrage here. Pretty standard procedure for any company as far as I can tell. Now if your employer is doing something illegal or nefarious, there are certain protections that are available to report them to authorities and protect yourself in the process. But bitchin' about company policies to the press isn't one of the things that are protected.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm no fan of Apple or Tim Cook, but I'm not understanding the outrage here. Pretty standard procedure for any company as far as I can tell. Now if your employer is doing something illegal or nefarious, there are certain protections that are available to report them to authorities and protect yourself in the process. But bitchin' about company policies to the press isn't one of the things that are protected.
    Bingo

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    While your dislike for Apple has been well documented, the fact is that internal/confidential communications are just that. Making such communications public will get you fired most anywhere.
    Have worked in corporate America...can confirm. Only a handful of people could communicate anything of the inner workings of the company to the public/press, and if your title didn't start with C and have three letters, it wasn't you.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yet strangely, leaks have become the rule instead of the exception. :dunno:

Why do we think that a happy Apple employee "living the dream" would be so disgruntled as to risk their job to expose Apple's internal Covid policy and reaction to a lawsuit?

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yet strangely, leaks have become the rule instead of the exception. :dunno:
    Recency effect. How many memos from how many companies aren't leaked?
    Why do we think that a happy Apple employee "living the dream" would be so disgruntled as to risk their job to expose Apple's internal Covid policy and reaction to a lawsuit?
    Some people love to stir up controversy.

I'm sure working for Apple isn't terrible better or worse than any other high tech company in America.

And mandating onerous testing for the unvaccinated is going to be pretty common in corporate America; Tim isn't exactly going out on a limb with that.

Top Bottom