• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Well, perhaps not. But I've been summoned for jury duty nonetheless. :rockwoot:

I'm so excited. I just hope they call my group. Hubby just had it back in Feb and he wasn't called. I wonder if I could call them and tell them I WANT to serve.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    If they know you want to serve, they'll definitely kick you off. You gotta make them think they're sticking it to you.

I've only been summoned twice for jury duty, both times they never called my group. :(

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    That's funny because when I tell people I cant wait for them to call me they look at me like I'm crazy. Still waiting for that call.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I was called last summer, the case didn't go to trial, due to too many lazy asses that didn't show for jury duty. I made it through selection, and was seated on the jury, only to be told after 4 hours that there wasn't enough of us.:xmad: It was a fascinating experience, and one I would gladly do again, I just hope I get to see a trial next time.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was picked about 4.5 years ago for Marion Co courts. Picked my group to show up for the day... I wasn't selected. They told me thanks and sent me home about 2:00 that afternoon.

Not too long ago I got a Federal jury quesionnaire in the mail. Filled it out, soon rec'd instructions to call a # on a certain date to see if my group was called in. Not too long after that, I got another mailing saying that they had enough people to select from and that I wasn't needed and please don't call. Wonder if have a brother-in-law who is a federal LEO had any bearing on that (have to declare it on paperwork)

-J-

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I've been sent the notice 5 or 6 times, but was called in only twice. Once for a murder trial, and I was glad I wasn't selected for that one.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Dear jury selection committee;
    I am so excited to serve on a jury. I'm a firm believer in jury nullification, and I'm sure that whatever BS law you've charged the defendant with breaking, it's unconstitutional and in need of nullification. See you in court!
    Sincerely,
    88GT

Top Bottom