• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have not. I've had a Zev and Dawson magwells and preferred the Dawson but the AA is considerably smaller. I haven't shot it yet but I definitely like the feel. The opening is obviously smaller but still offers a slight advantage for reloads.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I have not. I've had a Zev and Dawson magwells and preferred the Dawson but the AA is considerably smaller. I haven't shot it yet but I definitely like the feel. The opening is obviously smaller but still offers a slight advantage for reloads.

OP

How are you liking the XC1 I'm highly considering it. Ive heard mixed opinions on it.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    OP

How are you liking the XC1 I'm highly considering it. Ive heard mixed opinions on it.

I still haven't shot the pistol but I've handled it quite a bit. It's bright enough for its intended purpose but doesn't have a lot of throw. The switches seem to work ok but I prefer the switches on the X200/X300 a bit better, mainly the push forward momentary on (have to press down on the xc-1). I've read some complain about the side switch for constant on but I very rarely need constant on so it doesn't bother me. The mounting solution didn't seem all that great when I installed it but its stayed securely fastened so far, as long as it doesn't come loose under recoil I won't have an issue with it.

Tomahawkman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 7, 2014
    Hamilton County
    I still haven't shot the pistol but I've handled it quite a bit. It's bright enough for its intended purpose but doesn't have a lot of throw. The switches seem to work ok but I prefer the switches on the X200/X300 a bit better, mainly the push forward momentary on (have to press down on the xc-1). I've read some complain about the side switch for constant on but I very rarely need constant on so it doesn't bother me. The mounting solution didn't seem all that great when I installed it but its stayed securely fastened so far, as long as it doesn't come loose under recoil I won't have an issue with it.

So is the momentary on more like the TLR series then? Is that what your refering to when you say push down?

Im the opposite I like the TLR momentary over the X300s.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    So is the momentary on more like the TLR series then? Is that what your refering to when you say push down?

Correct. Both of the switches on the xc-1 can only be pressed downward. They aren't connected like they are on the TLR series, they move independently but only downward.

Top Bottom