• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    What makes you think it was an honest election? Back in the 1990's Ackerman McQueen errr I mean The NRA made is basically I possible to remove Wayne and other high ranking members. Less than 10% of the yearly income goes to firearm education and safety and about 3% goes to actually fighting legislation. The NRA is not here to protect our rights they are here to get filthy rich and sell an image plain and simple.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ne...secrecy-self-dealing-and-greed-at-the-nra/amp

Like any other organization just follow the money.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Like any other organization just follow the money.

Exactly, I just find it interesting how effective their marketing has been that people can't see how corrupt the organization is. I mean Trump is speaking at the convention and he has done more actual Anti-Gun stuff than Obama did.....

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    "Rich old whites guys =bad"
    Wait, I do believe I've seen another group that hangs it's hat on that idea !

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"

Sadly we are no longer either and this is why we are seeing the tyranny from the elect , you want someone to blame for the mess we are in ?
    Take a look in the mirror, we have let this country degrade to the point where self government will become impossible.

The NRA has made compromises and of that there in no doubt.
    Nothing like the compromises we as Americans have made and the attacks on everything good and right.
    Cutting off your nose to spite your face is still as foolish as it was the day it was penned.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The thing that astounds me is that ANY gun owner would give ANY credence to Bloomberg or the Trace.

There is no other organization that has done more for Second Amendment rights than the NRA.

If you do not like the NRA, don't join. If you are a member ***** all you want, but it won't get a great response here.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    The thing that astounds me is that ANY gun owner would give ANY credence to Bloomberg or the Trace.

There is no other organization that has done more for Second Amendment rights than the NRA.

If you do not like the NRA, don't join. If you are a member ***** all you want, but it won't get a great response here.

Literally less than 3% goes to fighting anti gun legislation while Wayne pulls in a Million+ , and his wife worked for Ackerman McQueen for a period of time. Go look up the tax information it's public , last time I checked the article I linked has nothing to do with "The Trace" or Bloomberg. Hell even the NRA spokespeople (Dana and Colion) are both paid by Ackerman McQueen and not the NRA (supposedly Dana pulled in 3+ Million last year). Giving money to the NRA is about as effective as giving money to Wounded Warriors, they have massive name recognition that's it. I don't believe the NRA filed a SINGLE lawsuit trying to fight the bump stock ban while INGO's own Tim of the Military Arms Channel and the GOA actually tried to fight it.

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    What we are talking about here are God given rights.
    The only way you can take away a persons God given rights is to kill them or defeat them in battle and imprison them.

Anything else is that person giving away their own God given rights.

"Our rights come from God, not government"

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Like it or not, dc is as dc does. At least if you don't like what the NRA does you don't have to send them money. I wish it was that easy with my taxes.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    The NRA used to be a great organization. I was a member back in the early eighties. I firmly believe that the vast majority of the membership are solid people with the right ideas in mind. I also believe that the current (and long-standing) leadership is corrupt and only have their wallets in mind. It is sad state of affairs for the NRA today. WLP (and other leaders) line their pockets with the dollars of members, provide poor representation to the members and sellout to corporations. Today, I will not give them a penny...not until the voting members do what is right and oust the leadership that is driving the organization into the ditch.
    As CM stated above: "Follow the money."

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    The NRA used to be a great organization. I was a member back in the early eighties. I firmly believe that the vast majority of the membership are solid people with the right ideas in mind. I also believe that the current (and long-standing) leadership is corrupt and only have their wallets in mind. It is sad state of affairs for the NRA today. WLP (and other leaders) line their pockets with the dollars of members, provide poor representation to the members and sellout to corporations. Today, I will not give them a penny...not until the voting members do what is right and oust the leadership that is driving the organization into the ditch.
    As CM stated above: "Follow the money."

What he said

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Another bash the NRA thread, Surprise, Surprise, Surprise.

GOA SUCKS!!! The are The New Kid On The Block and are impotent and worthless.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Exactly, I just find it interesting how effective their marketing has been that people can't see how corrupt the organization is. I mean Trump is speaking at the convention and he has done more actual Anti-Gun stuff than Obama did.....
    He made the wrong choice on bumpstocks, for sure. But i dont believe he is anti-2nd Anendment. I think he is just uneducated on the subject so he relies on advisors. Well we know the republicans as a whole would sell their own mothers for votes so we cant rely on them to give the president the best advice. So he turns to the NRA who to anyone in society would think they are the absolute authority and voice for gun owners. (We gun owners know better).
    But for the president if the NRA is saying yeah go ahead and write out bumpstocks thats ok, then of coarse why wouldnt he? He believes hes defending the 2nd amendment still.
    The NRA lied to the President of The United States and mislead him. So its the NRA leadership that im pissed at. I want to get out guys like wayne lapier and chris cox.
    I support the overall mission of the NRA though and believe they are our biggest ally to protect the 2nd. Thats why I became a Life Member recently while all this was going on. But im also a GOA member.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    GOA Founded in 1975 ... new kid on the block? :facepalm:

IF by "impotent and worthless", you mean unable to pass gun control legislation like the NRA ... I'm all for that.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Be careful where you get your info. They look to be very anti-gun to me and I didn't even dig deep.
    Thanks for reminding me to pay my NRA dues this month. My daughters life memberships are almost paid off.

https://www.thetrace.org/about-the-trace/

Also...

https://www.thetrace.org/donor-financial-transparency/

They are very anti-gun, I knew that going in. But if I were to ignore what the opposition was putting out there, that wouldn't make me very well informed on how the anti-gun crowd was playing the game. Here, it is thetrace going after the NRA's financial well-being. I read the article from Ammoland that GPIA7R linked back in January, which alluded to the financial state of the NRA, and that pulled me down the rabbit hole that led to thetrace.

I hope this also gets more NRA members off the bench and into the fight to change how the organization is being run.

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

I am in agreement with you. As I said in my reply to DD, the Ammoland article piqued my interest which eventually led me to thetrace.

I am a life member, and if I come across as *****ing about the NRA, that was not my intent. I want them to be around long after I am gone, and if we as members don't take the initiative to change the way things are, then who will? And we first have to know where the chinks in the armor are before we can fix them.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    I'll say this to those of you who say the NRA does nothing but keep the money in their wallet: My teenage sons are in 2 different Youth Shooting Clubs and have been for a long while. Both Clubs get generous donations from the NRA to pay for guns, ammo, clays, training, awards, etc. There are so many youth who are benefiting all over the country from these clubs and the NRA's sponsorship. Many of these youth would never have these opportunities if it wasn't for the NRA. These youth are growing up to be the future of gun ownership. Youth who will help protect the 2nd Amendment when they get older. Oh, and I have never seen the GOA give one dime to any of the youth shooting clubs that my sons are in.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Follow the money.

I've been a life NRA member since I was 14 or 15. The NRA has so many programs going on all over the US, all the time. Training, safety, kids stuff, etc... From super basic to the Olympic shooters and everything in between. Nitpick it all you want but the NRA is here to stay. It is the best defense we have against the gun grabbers. All gun owners should already be a member. Don't like the way it's run, then join and vote yourself. Complaining without being a member is like complaining about your own government but you refuse to vote.

But hey, feel free to post those links about the evil NRA pocketing my money. I will give you the advice I give my family and my liberal friends when something comes up. Do your own research and follow the money. (and that doesn't mean searching CNN for info)

I followed my money so I know where it goes.
    Always Follow the Money!

blues bondsman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2019
    Michigan City
    From what I've seen of GOA, their main stance is "the NRA sucks" and that reminds me of Demon-Crats "trump sucks so vote for us" campaign !
    I even sent them an e-mail asking GOA to explain exactly what their goals were and if "I hate the NRA" was all they had to offer.

No reply as of yet by the way.

PS President Trump is very unconventional in his ways, He is however very productive and has been very good for our country !
    The NRA may need a revival of sorts and a Make the NRA Great again type person to move it forward.

Trump wants to (fill in the blank) The NRA wants to (fill in the blank) are what is known as conjecture and not based on hard evidence or facts, only feelings.
    Sound like any other groups out there people ??? maybe there are those here who are hoping to destroy the credibility of the 5 Million strong voices out there in the NRA.

Just say'n

Top Bottom