• ...and so much more!
  • Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    I walked a couple hundred feet of shoreline today ( onshore ). I didn’t see any ice that I would step onto. No freezing in couple week outlook. Going to 50’s here up north. Real good chance done for season.

Wawasee was at 4.5” ice over weekend. Ice boats ran, some sleds ran, lot fishing. Didn’t see anyone today on street I went by on.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I walked a couple hundred feet of shoreline today ( onshore ). I didn’t see any ice that I would step onto. No freezing in couple week outlook. Going to 50’s here up north. Real good chance done for season.

Wawasee was at 4.5” ice over weekend. Ice boats ran, some sleds ran, lot fishing. Didn’t see anyone today on street I went by on.
    Saw a cavalcade of Amish coming off the lake on bikes today. Wawasee.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Saw a cavalcade of Amish coming off the lake on bikes today. Wawasee.
    Doesn’t surprise me. I just came by the west end on 13 coming into town. Looked out at The Slip & towards Oakwood. Course the thick fog wasn’t helping visibility. Am sure still spots that were solid enough...areas with current, springs maybe not so much. Looking out here today some of those spots are becoming noticeable

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    Doesn’t surprise me. I just came by the west end on 13 coming into town. Looked out at The Slip & towards Oakwood. Course the thick fog wasn’t helping visibility. Am sure still spots that were solid enough...areas with current, springs maybe not so much. Looking out here today some of those spots are becoming noticeable
    I was on the same piece of road.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    First ’spring’ gill of ‘24

IMG_3698.jpeg

First 6 keepers. Best 9”.

IMG_3699.jpeg
    Inlet channel water coming in from overnight/morning rain. Light breeze bringing bay surface water towards channel. Large area of scum, foam, duck weed, and everything else floating. A lot of gills under and around edges of the surface gunk. Ruff/mess fishing cause of gunk on line, hook, rod end, etc. after every catch. And they weren’t really “taking” the bait. Kiss it, drag it a little but tough to actually get the hook into their mouth.
    Ended up with #10 gold hook or ice fishing chrome/orange jig with tiny hook. Tip with 3 or 4 white spikes.
    Wind has switched, colder water pushing back in. Won’t be any fish today there today.

Top Bottom