• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LeeStreet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    South of Steuben Co.
    I just got mine out because it's that time of year when things in your house get dry including your nose. There are so many benefits for using a humidifier, and one is to reduce static electricity, so you don't zap your electronics including your computer.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    I had a JP Adams on my furnace. Got 2 yrs. before it went out. They sure are proud of their replacement parts. :noway:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I just pee in bread pans and put the pans on the floor vents. Once you get over the smell it's not bad and it saves money on electricity. :@ya:
    Sounds like a cost effective solution. So do you pee in each pan before setting them in place, or do you just set a bunch of them out and keep them topped off?

Last edited:

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    we've moved a lot and one of the first things I do is put in a whole house humidifier. I've installed 3 in the last 6 years, and each one has been rather different due to the system setup. The last one was the best because i was able to figure out that the hvac unit's circuit board had a place to wire it in directly & avoid having to mess with the sail switch.

we also use room units. my home is filled with folks with very narrow comfort ranges. :-)

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I've brought so many potted plants inside I need a DE-humidifier.

Anyone know where I can get one cheap?
    your furnace should take care of de-humidifying your house ... Then again, it depends on what kind of "pot"ted plants your bringing into your house... :D

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    your furnace should take care of de-humidifying your house ... Then again, it depends on what kind of "pot"ted plants your bringing into your house... :D

My furnace quit on me a year ago and I have yet to purchase a suitable replacement.

Now, before you say :n00b::dunno:,

my house is currently at 72 degrees F, and I'm comfortable, but I have no "furnace". I have a vent-free gas wall-heater and a simple fan that keeps my abode livable.
    It's just damp in here because I don't have proper air circulation.

For my "potted" plants,

I have many, many snake plants, a few Shifferilla's (sp?), a couple of cacti, six corn plants, and 27 white oak tree starts.

It's a jungle in here.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    My furnace quit on me a year ago and I have yet to purchase a suitable replacement.

Now, before you say :n00b::dunno:,

my house is currently at 72 degrees F, and I'm comfortable, but I have no "furnace". I have a vent-free gas wall-heater and a simple fan that keeps my abode livable.
    It's just damp in here because I don't have proper air circulation.

For my "potted" plants,

I have many, many snake plants, a few Shifferilla's (sp?), a couple of cacti, six corn plants, and 27 white oak tree starts.

It's a jungle in here.
    Yeah, it is a jungle in there... You know what else grows well in the jungle???:thumbsup:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    we've moved a lot and one of the first things I do is put in a whole house humidifier. I've installed 3 in the last 6 years, and each one has been rather different due to the system setup. The last one was the best because i was able to figure out that the hvac unit's circuit board had a place to wire it in directly & avoid having to mess with the sail switch.

we also use room units. my home is filled with folks with very narrow comfort ranges. :-)

Very smarrt man tto figure the boards out.

Whole house in the main house and a steam unit in the addition.

Top Bottom