• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My wife likes to ride bicycles, I like to ride bicycles, I am way out of shape.

These should start the process.

Part of the perks (or disadvantages) or marrying a nurse, you get to know what you blood pressure is. She has told me I need to get mine down. Giving myself a few months before I try medical intervention (going to a doctor for the first time in over 10 years) to get it down. Now, getting the blood pressure cuff was my idea because she has high blood pressure. Somehow and at some point in my life, I learned how to take it also. I am getting better at taking it (haven't gotten what she gets yet, but getting close).

At least I know if I get sick, I will have a personal nurse (well, if should be when as I already have with the flu and have strict orders from her mom (also a nurse as was her grandma) to get my flu shot next year).

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Sounds like a solid plan there, Terrehautian.

Did you get the Treks at J's Bikes?

I sometimes get to TH on a ride. If you see this bike it will probably be me. Also shoot at Riley Consevation Club almost every weekend.

9tzqfo.jpg

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I just bought this bike in November and I'm down 30lbs. A bike is a great motivating tool. I want to drop another 10lbs and think it should be pretty easy with this nice weather!

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Enjoy them! I ride often. Riding is required for my mental health -- my wife can tell when I don't get enough time pedaling. Lots of groups out there to ride with as well. CIBA is a great one with rides all over central Indiana. All types, from us crazy racers to those learning to stay upright.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Go back to the dealer and by a extra water bottle holder for each bike, trust me it will come in handy! Freeze one bottle solid and the other with ice cubes in it, that will get you a couple hours.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Spent the afternoon helping out at the local bike shop. Beautiful weather brought out a steady stream of people, wanting their bikes fixed.

Agree with hoosierdoc. I always wear a bike helmet when riding.

Plan on getting up early to go ride my Catrike Expedition.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Last edited:

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    We drug ours out of the barn yesterday, just need to do the mechanical checks, air up the tires and hit the road! And for some sick reason we're actually looking forward to it. Fortunately we must live in a good area because we must see a hundred bikes go by the house on a good weekend.

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I found a really cool FREE app for you iphone guys. It's called strava. Basically, you start the app before your ride and it logs your distance, time, speed, etc... with GPS. Then, it conveniently stores a log of your times, distances, comparisons, etc.. It's incredible and a great way to log your rides. Here is my profile: Matthew Allen | Cyclist on Strava

fochman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    We just bought the wife a new Trek bike Friday. Off for a 20 mile trail ride today to break it in. First ride of the year.

Top Bottom