• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Guys just ordered a Timney 510 trigger for my Remington 700. If anyone has installed one what tips can you give me?

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Hoping for it to arrive tomorrow and get it installed. Looking forward to ditching the X mark Pro trigger.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    I installed in in about 25 min including lowering pull weight. It breaks clean and crisp and is consistent each time the trigger is pulled. I have to say the X Mark Pro trigger SUCKS and will now have a Timney on hand for any new 700 I would get. The install is very easy and no feat for anyone with basic gun smithing knowledge. I will post results after my range trip in the morning. know I will need a better scope. Thinking Leupold VX-2.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    Well best group of the Day was 0.63in ave is about 1 in so I am now going to dig in and find a load for it now. Then get the data together and be ready to rock. The trigger is as advertised, crisp and clear back with no noticeable take up/creep or over travel. I think its a winner.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I bet it's because the X mark pro can't be reduced to low weight. Even with a spring change it's gonna be around 3#.

My old Remington triggers got spring changes and were at or under 28oz and perfectly safe.

Can't get there with an X mark.

Stupid people that hire lawyers mess everything up for the rest of us.

Top Bottom