• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I open carry at every primary and general election date.

No problems. I cringe at "new law" but OK I understand.

BTW, the reason this is getting attention is because of the work of INGO members.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

BTW, the reason this is getting attention is because of the work of INGO members.

:runaway::runaway:UNpossible! Seeing a gun SCARES the :sheep:and will cause mass waves of new anti gun laws that will harm us allllll!!!!!1111 :runaway::runaway:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Yeah, I know, and when I ask for the bill number I'm the jerkface.:D

I know, I know go sit in the back of the bus and shut your face and be happy for just being allowed on the bus.

Kirk takes the bus to West Lafayette. "No, Kirk, they will just pass laws forbidding you on the bus. Just sit in the back of the bus and everything will be OK."

image_bus.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know I am posting to the choir. Just nice to see that the trouble that some are in is paying dividends.

Some on INGO have said that activism will cause an out cry for more stringent gun control.

While most of us hope that our activism will cause public and governmental awareness of what the laws actually are.

It is funny you should mention busses. I for one think that it basicly the same fight, civil rights.

Right now there is a case in Florida that will test whether a criminals rights trump stand your ground. That will be a landmark case. We will learn if the lieing liberal anti-gun media and whining family members will win out over a citizen who when being beaten by a criminal has the right to defend himself.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    What is this "Educating Poll Workers about the law" the article speaks of?

You mean to tell me that people acting in an official capacity representing the government are bound by laws?? Wow, I learn something new every day.

:laugh::laugh:

zebov

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Lafayette, IN

I pointed this out to her many times in the interview, but she kept coming back to, "So, now that you can carry at polling locations,..." I kept saying that it wasn't illegal (in general) to carry a firearm at the polls and the law she is referring to (state preemption) had nothing to do with polling locations and everything to do with making firearm laws uniform across the state. Oh well, they didn't spin it in an anti-self defense stance like I thought they may so I'm content.

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    My polling place is actually in Oakland University in Bedford, so I'm not sure I can carry there :dunno:

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Because it is a school. But now I am starting to vaguely remember something about a distinction between "school" and a university. Does Oakland University not fall under the definition of a school? I'm new and still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Because it is a school. But now I am starting to vaguely remember something about a distinction between "school" and a university. Does Oakland University not fall under the definition of a school? I'm new and still trying to wrap my head around all of this.

No. Universities are "post secondary education" and do not fall under the catagory of a school in Indiana. The federal code is void if you have a LTCH anyway.

SOME colleges might have a licensed daycare facility on campus so check for that. AFAIK highschool classes offered for college credits do not count as a school either.

IANAL and TINLA.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    You wish to enter West Lafayette? Your papers, please!
    :): Is it that bad there? If so, it should present no problem for the Earl of Devonshire, for slipping past border guards and sentries is but child's play for our globe-trotting grandmaster of guise. That's where he whips out his ready-made documents identifying himself as (either) Reichsleiter Kurt von Freimann or - depending on the uniform they're wearing - Comrade Commissar and 1-digit party member Fremanov, and they wave him on through out of fear they may be sent to a Konzentrationslager or gulag for having the audacity to delay him.
    Easy as visa or mastercard. :cool:

Last edited:

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    Some on INGO have said that activism will cause an out cry for more stringent gun control.

It is funny you should mention busses. I for one think that it basicly the same fight, civil rights.

The difference being that the government will bend over backward to ensure that an individual from a minority does not have their "civil rights" violated and will prosecute anyone who does so.

The same government will usually not lift a finger to ensure that the same minority individual mentioned above can exercise his "natural right" or "God-given right" to self defense through use of a firearm.

Both are rights, and as such should be protected by the government. Sadly, in reality, some rights are "more important" than others in the government's view.

The government should treat the right to keep and bear firearms at least as importantly as "civil rights", especially since the right to keep and bear arms was specifically enshrined in the Second Amendment to the Constitution, but I don't expect to see that reality within my lifetime.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The difference being that the government will bend over backward to ensure that an individual from a minority does not have their "civil rights" violated and will prosecute anyone who does so.

The same government will usually not lift a finger to ensure that the same minority individual mentioned above can exercise his "natural right" or "God-given right" to self defense through use of a firearm.

Both are rights, and as such should be protected by the government. Sadly, in reality, some rights are "more important" than others in the government's view.

The government should treat the right to keep and bear firearms at least as importantly as "civil rights", especially since the right to keep and bear arms was specifically enshrined in the Second Amendment to the Constitution, but I don't expect to see that reality within my lifetime.

You are probably to young to remember that it wasn't that way 50 years ago when Martin and I were marching. For our rights. Things have changed. Listening to Abe and that Douglas guy debate I was realy impressed.

Donnelly

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Cass County
    This is true. I'm only in my early forties. And things have changed, for the better, at least in the respect that you are referencing.

Civil rights were recognised because blacks demanded that they be treated as equals and that they would settle for nothing less. Maybe there is hope for gun owners if we keep up the pressure and make it clear that we will settle for nothing less than full recognition of our natural, God-given rights.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom