• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootinghoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2010
    Indy
    Did anyone go to the 2-day gun auction in Tipton? I really wanted to go, but had other commitments. Curious as to the quality of the supplies and guns being sold. Looked like a good one to attend.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    It was awesome. Good prices & good guns. The place to be if you are in to C&R stuff. No mall ninja crap. What truly was horrible was the ffl doing the transfers. At over 200+ guns and charging $15 per gun you would think he would have his stuff together and hired someone to help call in the checks. A+ for the auctioneers F for the 01.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    It was awesome. Good prices & good guns. The place to be if you are in to C&R stuff. No mall ninja crap. What truly was horrible was the ffl doing the transfers. At over 200+ guns and charging $15 per gun you would think he would have his stuff together and hired someone to help call in the checks. A+ for the auctioneers F for the 01.

Who was the FFL ?

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Check out Gun Broker, I bet you a lot of the guns end up on there.

Didn't catch the 01's name. He wasn't local to Tipton though. Nobody was happy with him or his $15 per gun fee.

What also made this auction was no buyer's premium or sales tax since it was all from one private collector.

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I wish I would have attended. Went to another auction about the same distance in the opposite direction. What a joke. Way too many people with more dollars than sense.

huzyerdaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Hamilton County
    "Nobody was happy with him or his $15 per gun fee."

Poor guy, you guys are too hard on him, after all- about 8$ goes to BATFE and he has to get something for his time...:twocents:

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Yes the transfers where done on site. In all fairness the $15 per gun may have not been all that bad but the manner & service that it was done in was the worst I have ever seen. I've been to other auctions where there were hundreds of guns on the block and the transfers went w/o a hitch.

Plenty of good deals, :)

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Yes the transfers where done on site. In all fairness the $15 per gun may have not been all that bad but the manner & service that it was done in was the worst I have ever seen. I've been to other auctions where there were hundreds of guns on the block and the transfers went w/o a hitch.

Plenty of good deals, :)

I may be wrong (not an FFL) but I thought the actual transfers had to be done at the FFL's address and the only exception was a gun show. Didn't the dealer at Parker City get in trouble (among other things) for doing this at an auction ? :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Galveston
    I may be wrong (not an FFL) but I thought the actual transfers had to be done at the FFL's address and the only exception was a gun show. Didn't the dealer at Parker City get in trouble (among other things) for doing this at an auction ? :dunno:
    That's exactly what I was thinking. I asked ATF about something similar about 3 weeks ago and I was told the very same thing.

Not sure how legal that whole thing was, unless there was special permission given by ATF somehow.

Top Bottom