• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I've always liked the show but have had a hard time justifying the near 3hr drive,......but maybe Saturday. Haven't been down there in probably over a yr.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    New place in town for those going...

Mad Tap.

Went there recently and had smoked brisket, smoked wings, beer cheese and mac, and baked beans. Very good and well worth the try if you're in the area.

(I am not affiliated with Mad Tap other than having tried it and suggesting others might want to if they like smoked meats and beer)

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Sold two gus and bought one gun. Also picked up a bullet mould I'd been searching for as well as a holster for a Browning HP.

I thought the number of vendors was down slightly and attendance was lower than what I'm used to seeing on a Saturday morning. Overall it was a typical Tipton show and if this is a show you like, it is well worth going to this weekend's edition.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Went and had a good time. Bought nothing. Surprised even me.

Still floored over Mini 14 prices. 1200 to 1400.

Did see a rare bird, a M1a in .243. IIRC 1400.

Wish I could remember who on INGO was WTB a M14e2 sling. Finally saw one new in wrap for $50 in the small room.

I thought it was well attended with a few bottlenecks. These guys apparently don't get to talk at home.

Edit to add; I'm not a knife guy but did see a S&W display case with a Blackie Collins set. I had a thing for Bowie knives in the past.

Last edited:

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I thought it was well attended with a few bottlenecks. These guys apparently don't get to talk at home.
    Boy ain't that the truth!

I got there about 10AM and the place was packed. Lots to see if you could see,.....amazing number of people yakking and blocking the intersections and tables, but oh well. Found plenty I'd like to have but at twice the price I'd like to pay. All it did was remind me that I'd sold all that stuff for 1/4 the price a few yrs past. Bought a couple of nifes so I didn't have to leave with both hands in my pockets. Had plenty of cash on me but it was already dedicated to a pickup on the way home(the primary reason for the trip). It's still a very good show, just not in a buying position this time.

betus12

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2024
    Kokomo
    I've always wanted to check out the Tipton fun show but haven't been able to make it happen yet. Is there a schedule? I can't make it this weekend but maybe I can to the next show.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Did see a rare bird, a M1a in .243. IIRC 1400.

Wish I could remember who on INGO was WTB a M14e2 sling. Finally saw one new in wrap for $50 in the small room.
    You must have a great memory, I was looking for the M14E2 slings but it was a while back. I found a couple but would pick up more if they were new.
    Interesting story on the M1A in .243. About a million years ago when Bob Cheek opened his first shop I bought an M1A from him and messed around with it for a couple days before I realized it was in .243! Neither Bob or I knew such an animal existed at the time and both had a good laugh.
    Thanks for thinking of me.

Top Bottom