Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Tipton Gun Show Nov. 19-20
    Fairgrounds SR 19 South
    Sat. 9-5
    Sun. 9-3
    $5.00 admission
    Free Parking

I'll be there most of both days with the Elwood Conservation Club. :rockwoot:

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    How's this show? A buddy was asking me. Didn't know if it's worth the drive from Warsaw.

noname1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    The show is small. It is $5 to get in which equates to about $.50 per minute to go through the entire place. Based on the prices most vendors have on the products it seems like it is more of a social gathering for gun and knife enthusiast than a place to go buy something.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    The show is small. It is $5 to get in which equates to about $.50 per minute to go through the entire place. Based on the prices most vendors have on the products it seems like it is more of a social gathering for gun and knife enthusiast than a place to go buy something.
    Agreed, I have never found any real deals at that show.
    If you are into Milsurps, this is the show for you, it has more than most shows.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Gotta disagree on no deals, you guys must go through too fast or mean : Any good deals (on things that I"m looking for). Which we're all guilty of leaving the end silent sometimes.

I've only been to 1 show and I saw several branded pump 12's for the >$200 range. Couple .38 rev's I thought were a deal in the $250 range. Bought a Large ALICE pack w/ frame for $20.

There definitely are the stick shock tables ($200 for a Raven .25 ?? :n00b: ) and a lot of guys set up more interested in talking to their buddy at the next table, than dealing with anyone inquiring about their wares; though.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Planning to come by on Saturday afternoon, as I need to renew my ECC membership, too!

Happily, I will be there with one of the Miguelettes...she's been wanting to go to the range and I think she's ready to move up to the S&W 22A from the Crickett.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Once upon a time Tipton gun show was a bummer. They really turned it around, looking forwards to going.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Tipton County Gun Show

I called the guy today (11/18/11) and he said there are a little more than 200 tables there this weekend. I will be there around 1:30 on Sunday, so hopefully there r some deals left. My top priority is to find a used S&W MP 9mm at a fair price. Can be compact. Second, a used 10/22 cheap that I can customize myself, or find a tactical version with black composite thumbhole stock. Last, a Ruger M77 44 mag, stainless steel, bolt action, used. Obviously, I can only go home with one. If anyone is looking to sell, I would be glad to look at what u have when I arrive.

Thanks, :ingo:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I will be there on Sunday. Time to renew my membership to ECC.

Planning to come by on Saturday afternoon, as I need to renew my ECC membership, too!

Happily, I will be there with one of the Miguelettes...she's been wanting to go to the range and I think she's ready to move up to the S&W 22A from the Crickett.

I was wondering about both of you... :D

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    OK Bill, now I will be there, first thing Saturday morning. Last night, Mrs Snooploggydog outlined our weekend family agenda and changed up my plans. She was generous enough, to allow me 30 minutes of free time, to hit the gun show.

harmonn@att.net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Well, what's the verdict? Any good deals today at the Tipton Gun Show? Worth making trip from Indy for a handgun tomorrow, preferably a S&W MP 9mm? Did anyone by any chance check the prices on one used? :)

Thanks,
    :draw:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I was wondering about both of you... :D

I made it there around 3:30 p.m. with Miguel Jr. Little Miss Miguel was sick all day and couldn't make it. There were some old guys (old to me!) running the booth, but I did renew.

Also picked up some 8mm. All in all, we were in and out in < 30 minutes!

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    Well, what's the verdict? Any good deals today at the Tipton Gun Show? Worth making trip from Indy for a handgun tomorrow, preferably a S&W MP 9mm? Did anyone by any chance check the prices on one used? :)

Thanks,
    :draw:

I picked up a LMT SOPMOD, MILSPEC tube and an AR bolt (all new) in a good deal. I can't tell you anything about an M&P. :cool:

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I made it there around 3:30 p.m. with Miguel Jr. Little Miss Miguel was sick all day and couldn't make it. There were some old guys (old to me!) running the booth, but I did renew.

Also picked up some 8mm. All in all, we were in and out in < 30 minutes!

That was Dick and Terry. I won't tell them that you said they were "old". :D

Top Bottom