tallend

Almost forgot----I will bring a German Dress Dagger

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Good morning all-----------

Another interesting item that will be at my table---been in the safe too long.

"Colt Frontier Scout"---Dual Cylinder--"in original box"--

tallend

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Hmmmmmmm I think my prices may be to low------I made 2 sales to DEALERS as I was setting up

oh well---looking forward to a great breakfast-----

and seeing ya'll

Sheesh------how many gun shows in Indiana this weekend??????

tallend

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Good morning all-----------

Another interesting item that will be at my table---been in the safe too long.

"Colt Frontier Scout"---Dual Cylinder--"in original box"--

tallend

What's the asking price please.... Blue, Case , Nickel, barrel lenght

S8MS-01904

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    A Carmel Roundabout
    Not commenting about the "new" gun dealers, but this show is a WASTE of time, same "old" stuff that's been moved from show to show. Cheap knives, overpriced ammo, common extra magazines priced more than the gold standard.

I mean, really, do these dealers really understand business. Inventory turns means customer returns to view and buy new merchandise. If it hasn't sold after three or four shows, price it "right" or put it away and replace with what the audience is "currently" seeking. Know your market / customer.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    Colt-----blue,not sure of barrel length (guess 4") asking 550.00

S8MS-----It is YOUR opinion that the show is a waste of time for YOU---do us all a favor----don't waste your time coming to one of the best small shows in Indiana__then you wont have to get on here and ***** and moan because you didn't get a 1911 for 25.00
    I only set up at 4 shows----TIPTON------I have NEVER had a bad show there--------sold some today,and found a new one for my collection--

SO please check the dates for all of the Tipton shows(only 4 a year) and find something else to do on those days------and you wont be disappointed

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    Not commenting about the "new" gun dealers, but this show is a WASTE of time, same "old" stuff that's been moved from show to show. Cheap knives, overpriced ammo, common extra magazines priced more than the gold standard.

I mean, really, do these dealers really understand business. Inventory turns means customer returns to view and buy new merchandise. If it hasn't sold after three or four shows, price it "right" or put it away and replace with what the audience is "currently" seeking. Know your market / customer.

The Tipton shows used to be my favorite gun shows to attend every year. A great selection of new and used guns as well as a lot of reloading components. The last few years I've been seeing what I've quoted above. This has resulted in( what appears to me anyway) lower attendance. This used to be a show where I would see lots of people carrying guns for sale, and I just don't see that anymore. I haven't bought or sold a gun in the aisles from an individual in about 3 years. This coupled with the lack of reloading supplies have just about finished this show for me.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Just a few things seen today. A Warsaw 1927 Mauser:wow:. A Sig 230 for 395. GI 30 round mags I should have bought $10 asking price.(pending BHOs NRA bashing tonight). A 1984 10/22 Deluxe unfired with box for $350 asking price (gentleman offered to deal without hesitation). Can't remember the price on an Anschutz target 22. but it was calling my name.
    It's a good way to spend a Sunday morning. Gabbed with Keven, Dave, Jim, and a bunch of old timers I've met over the years. Guess I'm officially a Fudd.
    ETA Also saw a 200th year Single Six with both cylinders and the red storage bag for the spare cyl.... A little steep at $495.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel

Amen to that!!! These guys at the shows have the same old stuff over and over again with the same ridiculous prices. Don't they know that in order to be successful one must "move the iron" just like a car dealer!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville

^^^^ Yup, for the most part.

Went to the gun show in Evansville at the Van. County 4H grounds today...

PMC Bronze .223 box of 20 "Show Special" $21. :ugh:

Russian refurb SKS $625

One guy had a table full of bricks of .22: Winchester 222 rounds for $25, 550 round bricks for $50. Said he was selling it at a loss and didn't want it anymore. I didn't express any interest so the smart ass sitting next to him sang out, "guess you don't want any either." Exercising forbearance, I said, "I've got enough already" and moved on.

Did see some nice handcrafted knives, collectible firearms (including some early manufacture 1911 pistols).

Tons of overpriced ARs, Pmags starting at $12, leather goods, coins, etc....

Overall, not bad for $5 entry fee.

Top Bottom