• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vincess

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2017
    Indy
    Ammo prices, the world has gone mad. I did pick up a World War II Scoville mag, several half moon clips, and a World War II magazine carrier. Again ammo prices, the world is mad.

Was heading up this afternoon, BUT....can you tell me what you mean by "mad"? I'm going specifically for ammo, but not if you definition of "mad" is the same as mine. Like....$1.00 a round for .40 SW mad?

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Always one of my favorite shows but I went to the Louisville show yesterday. I had a good time there but would have loved to go to Tipton Too. I always hate when my favorite shows overlap.

johny5

not a shill account
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Always one of my favorite shows but I went to the Louisville show yesterday. I had a good time there but would have loved to go to Tipton Too. I always hate when my favorite shows overlap.

This weekend was the first time I've been to this show. I definitely plan to return. For anyone who likes lever-action rifles, antique revolvers, or vintage shotguns - this is great show!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

How was Louisville? I really wanted to go to that too. Been a couple of years for me.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    I have not been to the Tipton show in probably 10 years. Someone here mentioned "if you like lever actions". I do. Especially Winchester 94's. I may have to go to the next one and check it out? Thanks all for the info. :ingo:

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I have not been to the Tipton show in probably 10 years. Someone here mentioned "if you like lever actions". I do. Especially Winchester 94's. I may have to go to the next one and check it out? Thanks all for the info. :ingo:

This show had a over abundance of Winchester levers, and some were reasonably priced at that.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Was heading up this afternoon, BUT....can you tell me what you mean by "mad"? I'm going specifically for ammo, but not if you definition of "mad" is the same as mine. Like....$1.00 a round for .40 SW mad?

Man $1 a round for 40. Then I just made 100rds in 15min which puts me at lawyer pay.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

9mm 115 FMJ $40/50. XM855 $800/420.

citizenkane

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    How was Louisville? I really wanted to go to that too. Been a couple of years for me.

It was ok. It seemed sparsely attended but they had the aisles 20ft apart for social distancing so it’s hard to say. I didn’t really look at ammo but what I saw was high of course. Stuff seemed to be selling if it wasn’t insane. On my first walkthrough I saw a couple run of the mill Garands for $1000~$1200. Both were gone on the second walkthrough. I saw a nice FAL move at $1800.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    It was ok. It seemed sparsely attended but they had the aisles 20ft apart for social distancing so it’s hard to say. I didn’t really look at ammo but what I saw was high of course. Stuff seemed to be selling if it wasn’t insane. On my first walkthrough I saw a couple run of the mill Garands for $1000~$1200. Both were gone on the second walkthrough. I saw a nice FAL move at $1800.
    Thanks! I wouldn't have been looking for ammo anyhow. Just wondered about milsurps in general.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Anybody else try to deal with the guy by the windows in the little alcove? He had a newish Springfield M1a in a heavy stock. No box, no manual, no magazine. I really wanted that stock. Willing to buy the rifle to get it. He would not take my money. Only wanted to trade. He had no idea what he wanted. He also had a severe case of attention deficit disorder going on. Anybody have any theories on the "trade only" dealers?

Top Bottom