4H building - Indiana 19 South

Admission $5.00

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    You know, "KOKOMO"...where the real Gun & Knife show will be this weekend!:D

Tipton is usually just as big, or bigger than Kokomo's show, not to mention the people that put it on are much nicer people. The guy that puts on the show in Kokomo seems more like the kind of fellow that should be taking tickets at the count fair games. Not to mention his attitude any time I have ever walked in the door of his shows. The last straw for me was when he started cussing my wife for stepping inside to get out of the rain at a show to unload. It wasnt crowded (maybe 50 people in the entire show at the time) she stepped just inside the door to get out of the rain to unholster and clear her gun. He made a pretty big ass of himself that day showing what a big man he was, and started to tell us that ammo was not allowed in the door, but he would be OK with it if we just emptied the magazines.
    Its a free country, you can give your money to anyone you want to, but I for one will not be giving any more of my money to a jerk like that.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Tipton is usually just as big, or bigger than Kokomo's show, not to mention the people that put it on are much nicer people. The guy that puts on the show in Kokomo seems more like the kind of fellow that should be taking tickets at the count fair games. Not to mention his attitude any time I have ever walked in the door of his shows. The last straw for me was when he started cussing my wife for stepping inside to get out of the rain at a show to unload. It wasnt crowded (maybe 50 people in the entire show at the time) she stepped just inside the door to get out of the rain to unholster and clear her gun. He made a pretty big ass of himself that day showing what a big man he was, and started to tell us that ammo was not allowed in the door, but he would be OK with it if we just emptied the magazines.
    Its a free country, you can give your money to anyone you want to, but I for one will not be giving any more of my money to a jerk like that.

1. I have done both shows over the last few years. Tipton is not even close to being as big as Kokomo.

2. As far as your bad experience with that promoter, bottom line is "No Load" weapons are allowed inside any/all gun shows, the gun should have been unloaded/cleared before stepping into the building, but the promoter should have been more professional on how he handled it. I could say some pretty harsh things about most promoters, especially the Tipton promoter. Nobody, including promoters are perfect.

3. You are right, it is a Free Country and you can give your money to any jerk you choose.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    1. I have done both shows over the last few years. Tipton is not even close to being as big as Kokomo.

2. As far as your bad experience with that promoter, bottom line is "No Load" weapons are allowed inside any/all gun shows, the gun should have been unloaded/cleared before stepping into the building, but the promoter should have been more professional on how he handled it. I could say some pretty harsh things about most promoters, especially the Tipton promoter. Nobody, including promoters are perfect.

3. You are right, it is a Free Country and you can give your money to any jerk you choose.

:yesway::yesway::yesway:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN

I might be off on the Tipton being a bigger show, I've only been up to the Kokomo show once. I imagine sitting there for an entire weekend you would have a better idea than I would of the attendance.
    As far as my bad experience, yes, I was in the wrong, just the way the situation was handled under the circumstances. I have never attended a gun show as a vendor, so I am sure you have much more opportunity to interact with the promoters, but this is the only instance I have had an experience like that.
    Best of luck to you this weekend, hope the crowd buys you out of inventory.

tbone1951

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Tipton

Try walking into the 1500 with a loaded weapon. The police officers at the door can pretty intimidating when some one does.

Terry

Last edited:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I might be off on the Tipton being a bigger show, I've only been up to the Kokomo show once. I imagine sitting there for an entire weekend you would have a better idea than I would of the attendance.
    As far as my bad experience, yes, I was in the wrong, just the way the situation was handled under the circumstances. I have never attended a gun show as a vendor, so I am sure you have much more opportunity to interact with the promoters, but this is the only instance I have had an experience like that.
    Best of luck to you this weekend, hope the crowd buys you out of inventory.

As far as attendance goes, both shows are well attended. Kokomo has more tables/vendors than Tipton and that is why I said it is a bigger show. This is not to say or discourage anyone from attending the Tipton show, it's a pretty good show and I have friends that set up at the Tipton show and I always wish them success even though I don't do that show anymore.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the show/s if your attending.:yesway:

Top Bottom