• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Are firearms allowed on public property in the State of Indiana?

In short yes... handguns require a IN LTCH, Long guns do not, but you have to abide by the Federal Gun Free School Zone Act, which sets a 1000' no guns "bubble" around Licenced and Accredited schools. Those with an IN LTCH are exempt from the 1000ft rule, but still cannot set foot on actual school property or property being used by a school.

The meeting spot appears to be GTG according to Google maps.

My wife and I will be there and I will be carrying a long gun.

Freezeup

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Eastern Greene County
    Not sure if it will do any good. There were thousands of union workers protesting at the state house a year ago or so and it didn't help them. But I will be there because if you do nothing you should expect the worse. And that is what the government wants, Just for us to be quiet and take what is served to us.

Turkeyboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    It won't be very newsworthy to be protesting against gun control right outside of a gun show. It needs to be highly public and exposed. And people need to see to faces of everyday gun owners. Don't show up with long guns and camo, it will only feed the stereotype that we are detached and militant. Show up looking like regular people, dress nicely, be bold AND intelligent.

http://youtu.be/MUAfft7l4wQ

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    exactly, dress respectfully and CCW if you want to just no camo or long guns.

Can somebody please educate me, "dress respectful" and "no camo", what do you want, everyone in Dockers, Sportcoats, and right next to a gun show, "no long guns" sheer genius!

I suppose we wouldn't want any true American Sportsmen there either, i.e. HUNTERS, wearing that awful redneck looking camo?

Give me a break.

This gun issue is all inclusive, any and all who own or care about guns, it will not matter one small bit to the media how anyone is dressed..

Do you think the media will portray you more fairly if the evil gun owners are dressed nicely?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    The rally isn't only to state our opposition to those who want to trample on the 2nd amendment, it is to state our opposition to trampling the entire Constitution....they trample on one, then soon the whole thing will be history! Please join us 12pm on Sat Jan 19 at 38th Street and Fallcreek Parkway (northwest corner), Indianapolis!
    Join the Event on Facebook called Back on the Leash!

Andrew Horning states it so well:

Real, living, individual human beings are far more precious than is that lawless, ungoverned mess we call “government.” We understand that our fears and hatreds have allowed us to fall for the ancient canard of a benevolent, protective, allmighty government. But now we see where our fears should have been directed – to humanity's oldest, most dangerous idol, politics, and we now mean to put that back under our control. The best means ever devised of keeping politics in check is the rule of law under our existing state and federal constitutions.
    So we present a simple resolution as just the first step to make our intentions known:

Whereas the plain wording of the 10th Amendment to the Constitution for the United States of America is binding law;
    Be it resolved that;
    No law, agency, program or treaty that depends upon authority not specifically granted by the Constitution for the United States of America shall be valid;
    Any agency, treaty, law or program operating outside authority specifically granted by the Constitution for the United States of America is null and void;
    Unconstitutional laws, agencies, programs and treaties have created both problems and dependencies that will take time to rectify;
    All unconstitutional federal powers, delegations, laws, programs, treaties and entities must be phased out within no more than ten years;
    Or Congress shall legitimize by constitutional amendment those agencies, treaties, laws or programs deemed to be necessary to the assurance of constitutional liberties, property and prosperity of American citizens.

You are the enemy of a free Republic. We demand adherence to Constitutional standards now. Not ten years from now. Not by adding in exceptions into the Constitution. :xmad:

emorrow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    By dressing in ACU or Multicam you are playing into the hands of the media blitzed stereo type, claiming that all these gun owners are military copycats with military style rifles. however if we are all dressed respectfully then they cannot bring that argument to the table. As far as "long guns," again to present a image of nice dressed people voicing their opinion on the issue not a show of force to give the left an angle on how dangerous we "look."

Please Refer to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

Great Vid with excellent points on what you were just questioning.

Turkeyboy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Thanks for the backup! Not really excited about this, though. Maybe if it wasn't next to a huge gun show and wasn't a third party candidate's political pep rally and wasn't stocked with people wearing Flecktarn or whatever they choose and carrying rifles. So basically it's going to be a comfortable gathering of friends to accomplish nothing. Perhaps we could accomplish something by protesting at the Capitol building, interacting with the people and press and being a part of society. We should be prepared to give a logical presentation of fact. The people on the fence on this issue need to see that we are no different than they are and that the rights we defend belong to every person, including them and future generations.

elliotle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Thanks for the backup! Not really excited about this, though. Maybe if it wasn't next to a huge gun show and wasn't a third party candidate's political pep rally and wasn't stocked with people wearing Flecktarn or whatever they choose and carrying rifles. So basically it's going to be a comfortable gathering of friends to accomplish nothing. Perhaps we could accomplish something by protesting at the Capitol building, interacting with the people and press and being a part of society. We should be prepared to give a logical presentation of fact. The people on the fence on this issue need to see that we are no different than they are and that the rights we defend belong to every person, including them and future generations.

Gun owners are their own worst enemy. You are correct...it would be beneficial to look like the productive members of society that we are and not ignorant hillbillies in camo with rifles in the middle of a city.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Gun owners are their own worst enemy. You are correct...it would be beneficial to look like the productive members of society that we are and not ignorant hillbillies in camo with rifles in the middle of a city.

Flecktarn/Camo or Elmer Fudd plaid flannel

The anti gun media could care less what anyone at a "Pro Gun Rally" is wearing! NUMBERS, is the only thing that will impress them, NUMBERS!

They will still portray all that show up as gun totin' knuckle draggin' hillbilly rednecks, even if you stop by The Mens Warehouse for a new 3 piece suit on your way. You are not going to get a fair shake out of any of the anti's in the media, or otherwise.

I think any show of support for ALL of our Constitutional rights is a VERY good thing, and I am all for it!

But don't forget, it affects redneck camo wearing hunters, as much as it does any other gun owner, who I might ad, some are as highly educated and well spoken, as any politician anywhere.

I just don't understand the thinking, that well dressed gun owners are really going to impress anybody that is anti gun.

I hate to say it, but if you haven't been to the Indy 1500 before, I would be hoping most that come to the rally from the gun show, have at least taken a bath, that same day!

But that is just my :twocents:

Indyrich

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    NE INDY
    Flecktarn/Camo or Elmer Fudd plaid flannel

The anti gun media could care less what anyone at a "Pro Gun Rally" is wearing! NUMBERS, is the only thing that will impress them, NUMBERS!

They will still portray all that show up as gun totin' knuckle draggin' hillbilly rednecks, even if you stop by The Mens Warehouse for a new 3 piece suit on your way. You are not going to get a fair shake out of any of the anti's in the media, or otherwise.

I think any show of support for ALL of our Constitutional rights is a VERY good thing, and I am all for it!

But don't forget, it affects redneck camo wearing hunters, as much as it does any other gun owner, who I might ad, some are as highly educated and well spoken, as any politician anywhere.

I just don't understand the thinking, that well dressed gun owners are really going to impress anybody that is anti gun.

I hate to say it, but if you haven't been to the Indy 1500 before, I would be hoping most that come to the rally from the gun show, have at least taken a bath, that same day!

But that is just my :twocents:

I respectfully disagree with your statement. The point of such a rally is not to get the media on our side.....they won't be. It is to show the thousands of citizens who watch the news that "we" are in fact "them". We are their neighbors, their fellow church goers, their local LE. The reality is that ones appearance, looks, and demeanor DOES matter when viewed through a lens. It is the reason that PR firms are in business, and make no mistake this is a PR campaign to gain the hearts and minds of the majority of citizens. The more a viewer to can relate to us the better. The more they view gun owners as camo hillbilly rednecks, the more they want to disassociate with our views.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I respectfully disagree with your statement. The point of such a rally is not to get the media on our side.....they won't be. It is to show the thousands of citizens who watch the news that "we" are in fact "them". We are their neighbors, their fellow church goers, their local LE. The reality is that ones appearance, looks, and demeanor DOES matter when viewed through a lens. It is the reason that PR firms are in business, and make no mistake this is a PR campaign to gain the hearts and minds of the majority of citizens. The more a viewer to can relate to us the better. The more they view gun owners as camo hillbilly rednecks, the more they want to disassociate with our views.

I understand what you are saying, and there is even a small part of it I actually agree with.

Where we separate in thought is, which is more important, numbers or appearance? This issue crosses all segments of American life, rich, poor, well dressed and camo wearing hunters, educated and the un, professionals and regular Joe's, well spoken and those.....not so.

I just simply believe in this case, vast numbers are more important than the optics of PR.

My example would be, the classic tornado coverage, I don't care how many nice upscale homes are destroyed, they always seek out the poor guy or gal who just lost their trailer, sporting that checkerboard smile and have them utter the age old tornado phrase, (now use your best hillbilly redneck camo wearing voice) "It sounded like a train"!

You see with the media, when they cover a story, they could care less about giving an unbiased fair report, they too have an agenda, and they own the cameras, newspapers and TV stations, and shock, they are largely all liberals.

Now combine that with my experience of going to most all of the Indy 1500 gun shows, since way back in 1986 or '87. I am afraid the crowd you see there is just not going to give you the "PR" optics that you desire.

I am going to be at the Capital rally, I have no desire whatsoever, to deal with the crowd, lack of parking and frenzy buyers that will be at this 1500.

But I wish this group well and hope for a HUGE turnout at all the rallies. Because right now, we as American gun owners, need to have each others backs.

We are "in" the times that will set in stone, America's future.
    :patriot:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just to reiterate what has been said upthread, this isn't just a pro second amendment rally. This a pro constitution rally...as in the whole darn thing. It's being staged in front of the 1500 because the 1500 will likely be covered to show how big the crowds of people are in attendance.

On 2/8 at 10pm, there are some people organizing a 2A specific rally at the capitol. The group is called 2nd Right. Peaceful demonstration at every state capital for our 2nd amendment rights | Facebook

Top Bottom