• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    As long as it is not English frosted fruitcake, either of the above are approved for Yuletide consumption.

At the risk of exposing my Appalachian Porch Honky roots, my favorite is the little rectangular fruitcake blocks sold at Wal-Mart or Meijer.

doorstops-unwanted-gift-of-fruitcake-demotivational-posters-1338954595.jpg

That’s good stuff!^^^^^^^^^^

DCR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    Another Collin St fan here.
    My KY MIL used to make her fruitcake the day after Tgiving. I was in charge of picking up a bottle of Makers Mark. She'd wrap it in cheesecloth, put it in a big tin, pour the bourbon over it, and it'd be ready for xmas.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Boydens bakery on the south side have bunches of fruitcakes when I’m in there but I always try to keep my distance and not look them in the eye. I never get past the baby gators to try anything else.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Ok folks... the results of my side-by-side taste test. Drum roll please...... and the winner is (pause for greater effect) Texas Manor Fruitcake by Ya-Hoo Baking Co.!!! However, Collin Street Bakery Fruitcake is a very good second. Of course this is only my opinion and yours may vary. I say you can't go wrong with either one, but do try both. Merry Christmas. Now to test Bourbon vs. Spiced Rum on each variety to find out which marinade is best, and I may not be back to report on this one!

Top Bottom