• ...and so much more!
  • gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Where is everyone picking the TLR7 up at? Would like to get one for my 30s. Seen botach has them for $110, but have heard botach is hit/miss place to shop

LAPG - $110, from my very limited experience they are slow to ship. Midwayusa and Optics Planet have them at $126. Got mine from Gilberts Guns on ebay when ebay had $25 off making it $105 (OOS now). Many places are getting them in now.

I have one and have yet to live fire with it, but mine blinks when dry firing on a striker first gun at least. Haven’t taken the time to contact streamlight about it yet.

Mine blinks as well on a G19X. Must be a special feature for early adopters. It's so obvious it makes me wonder how they could have missed it???

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've got them for 125 shipped if anyone wants one. I realize I'm not the cheapest as I don't buy enough to buy them cheap, but if I say ill ship in a day thats what will happen.

Mustang1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2015
    Westfield
    Where is everyone picking the TLR7 up at? Would like to get one for my 30s. Seen botach has them for $110, but have heard botach is hit/miss place to shop

I got mine from Botach, knowing it would take a while to ship. But I wanted to have one to play with, and they had them "in stock" for cheaper than anywhere else I found at the time which was when they were first out.

ogtruckin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 10, 2017
    Vault 76
    any updates on this light? what about the activation buttons are they easy to use or do you have to stretch to reach them? also someone mentioned the light flickering is this a problem?

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    any updates on this light? what about the activation buttons...

I wear medium sized gloves and I do have to "stretch" my trigger finger or shift my support hand grip slightly to activate the light. The buttons are immediately in front of the trigger guard instead of overlapping the trigger guard like some other brand's switches. However, with some other brands, I accidentally activate the switch with my trigger finger while keeping my finger outside of the trigger guard for safety.

My TLR-7 is an early one and does blink when dry fired/fired but it doesn't seem to be a problem. FWIW, my TLR-8's of later production do not blink when dry fired.

I have recently received an Olight Valkyrie PL-Mini that is also small, compact and sits flush with a G19 or CZ P-01. While it's switches overlap the trigger guard for easier reach, I find the required downward press is on the stiff side and somewhat uncomfortable.

They all seem to have their own strength and weaknesses and be a compromise. You'd think at least one manufacturer could get it right.

ogtruckin

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 10, 2017
    Vault 76
    I wear medium sized gloves and I do have to "stretch" my trigger finger or shift my support hand grip slightly to activate the light. The buttons are immediately in front of the trigger guard instead of overlapping the trigger guard like some other brand's switches. However, with some other brands, I accidentally activate the switch with my trigger finger while keeping my finger outside of the trigger guard for safety.

My TLR-7 is an early one and does blink when dry fired/fired but it doesn't seem to be a problem. FWIW, my TLR-8's of later production do not blink when dry fired.

I have recently received an Olight Valkyrie PL-Mini that is also small, compact and sits flush with a G19 or CZ P-01. While it's switches overlap the trigger guard for easier reach, I find the required downward press is on the stiff side and somewhat uncomfortable.

They all seem to have their own strength and weaknesses and be a compromise. You'd think at least one manufacturer could get it right.
    thanks

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I've had one on a G19 for a couple of months. No flicker on mine. At first I didn't like the activation button (I use the left side with thumb on my support hand) but I was trying to push directly inward on the button so to do that I had to reach a little bit with the thumb. What I later figured out is the button can be used like a paddle by pushing it forward rather than pushing it directly inward. By using it like a forward toggle/paddle, I don't feel like I'm reaching and find it quite comfortable. Hopefully that makes sense. I'm finding it to be just about perfect for a G19. I still prefer the TLR-1 for my G17's.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck

So which do you prefer, the tlr or the mini. I have been researching both for my m&p 9c and 2.0 Compact.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have used the TLR-1 on a couple of G17's for several years. As noted up-thread I have the TLR-7 on a G19. Like gmcttr I prefer the switch on the larger light, but really like the small size on the 19 so I've gotten myself used to the switch on the mini.

rlfrye

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    The Tuck
    Both have been replaced with TLR-8's. I just didn't like the switch on the Mini. Personal preference.
    thanks for the reply, I guess I need to see if someplace in the Fort has them in stock. Online research will only reveal so much, I suppose.

mgross28

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Richmond
    I am not a fan of the 7. I don’t like the controls and feel my trl-1 is brighter. I love the size of the 7 though.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I like my new tlr-7, bought it from the flashlight outlet in valpo.

Never used a tlr-1 but i cant reach the front of the triggerguard anyway...so the support hand takes care of the light switch...no biggie.

God bless
    Shred

Top Bottom