• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Retirees can be recalled to active duty. Non-medically retired troops have a 30 year service commitment. After that (Feb 2016 I stopped getting the letters from the Air Force Reserve Personnel Center. AFRPC still thought I was a fully-qualified Supply Troop, even though I left that career field in 1999 but that's another thread.) retirees can be recalled to AD by SECDEF under USC Title 10 Section 688 (IIRC). Under this section there are three groups: non-medically retired for < 5years, non-medically retired for > 5years, medically retired.

Trading the Blue-ID for a CAC Card requires a full-mobilization. The last one was WWII.
    This I know, but I was being facetious. By the time they get to your Blue Card all the mopes That did 4 and jumped for the college money will be recalled to finish their 4 IRR years. My real meaning is there are way more Veterans than retired or AD troops, guys that did their initial commitment and left the service especially after the Op Tempo of the early 2k’s.

Top Bottom