• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    I know Ramsey Xchange here in Lafayette had a nib vz2008 a month or so ago that they were asking $599 for because it was "like an AK". They seemed baffled when I told them they were selling for $399 all over the internet and didnt seem to know what it was. Havent been back in since but they may have done their research and dropped the price since then. Might be worth a phone call. I bought a 10/22 there and they seemed to be good people.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I know Ramsey Xchange here in Lafayette had a nib vz2008 a month or so ago that they were asking $599 for because it was "like an AK". They seemed baffled when I told them they were selling for $399 all over the internet and didnt seem to know what it was. Havent been back in since but they may have done their research and dropped the price since then. Might be worth a phone call. I bought a 10/22 there and they seemed to be good people.

The people who were selling them for $399 were selling them at a loss or they were part of the back door shady deals that Century is know for, you can't expect a small store to be willing to loose money on a sale.

Which, the VZ2008 isn't on Century's site anymore (or at least not in their semi auto section of their site) so it was probably some backdoor deal to blow out remaining inventory to large online retailers and other places were forced to sell at a loss so they could match their price.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    The people who were selling them for $399 were selling them at a loss or they were part of the back door shady deals that Century is know for, you can't expect a small store to be willing to loose money on a sale.

Which, the VZ2008 isn't on Century's site anymore (or at least not in their semi auto section of their site) so it was probably some backdoor deal to blow out remaining inventory to large online retailers and other places were forced to sell at a loss so they could match their price.

I didnt ask anyone to match, just fed them the information. Fact remains that at that time they could be had for $399 plus negligible shipping and $20 transfer. I simply informed the shop of the goings on in the world of the VZ.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield

thanks for the lead, V-man.

Top Bottom