To all trainers, certified instructors, etc.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Kodiak Firing Range & Training Facility, Inc.

We are developing our trainer affilation programs. Here are some programs we are considering:

1. We want trainers with different areas of expertise and available at various times. We will match up the trainer and the customer depending on the area the customer wishes to focus upon and the trainer's schedule. We will schedule the time and split the hourly fee with the trainer on a 50/50 basis. The fee has not been set yet. We want to make the fee affordable while still making it worthwhile for both the trainer and Kodiak.

2. A trainer can schedule time at the facility to train their own clients. The fee charged to the trainer depends on the area of the range to be used and to what extent. The trainer can charge their client whatever they wish. The client pays the trainer directly and the fee to Kodiak is paid by the trainer. The client must sign the standard waiver form for Kodiak.

3. Qualified trainer/range officers/instructors may sign up to be a range officer for the Kodiak Live Fire Shoothouse. Clients can rent the live fire shoothouse on an hourly basis up to 4 people. The RO takes them through the shoothouse one at a time. The fee is split 50/50 with the RO less expenses. The expenses are also shared 50/50. These expenses include but are not limited to: the 5 standard B&W targets included with the rental, the cloth fronts for the ballistic dummies, charge for wear and tear on the osb board and paint for the steel targets. This basically adds up to a few dollars and is split 50/50 so we are not talking about a lot.
    RO's are on call to take scheduled groups through the shoothouse. The RO's may also schedule their own groups to go through the shoothouse up to 4 people all standard rules apply. The fee structure is the same. It is a good way for you to capitalize on your connections with your clients and take them through the shoothouse.

4. Insurance: The trainer must either add us on to their insurance or they must be added to ours. The cost is $100 per year to add you to our insurance as a rider. I need to make sure it is the same but that is what the cost was late last year.

I know there are many certified instructors in Indiana and once the weather turns cold the options for training your clients is limited. Our facility is indoors and climate controlled including the live fire shoothouse. Rain, snow, good weather or bad it doesn't matter.

We have options of doing more advanced training scenarios before or after hours including in front of the firing line move and shoot options and special classes in the live fire shoothouse. We also have a meeting room which seats up to 10 people. We can accomodate larger groups in the basement until the cardio/weightroom/martial arts area is finished.

One of my key employees is heading up the training program. His name is Fred Fowler: email. FredFowler@kodiakrange.com or call the range at 574-299-8000. Fred works mostly evenings until the fall. Of course you are always welcome to contact me with any questions as well: mikezimmerman@kodiakrange.com.

Zimm1001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    South Bend, Indiana

This is a very intriguing thing. I am tied down with the Indiana Section Championship right now but I will be in touch.

We are starting to get things going thinking the fall and winter will be the times the trainers will need the range more. I know summer is the busy time for everyone. The great thing about it is that you can now continue to train all winter without worrying about the weather.

Top Bottom